Musical Theatre Program Auditions
We have several program audition opportunities for 2021-22
- November 6th MARCAS auditions on Rowan University’s campus
- November 13th On campus auditions beginning at noon
- January 29th New York City, Open Jar Studios, 1601 Broadway
- January 30th New York City, Open Jar Studios, 1601 Broadway, Open call—sign-up sheet available Jan. 29th
- March 12th New York City, Ripley Grier, 520 8th Ave.
- April 2nd On campus auditions beginning at noon
Perform two 30-45 second contrasting song selections from the musical theatre genre. Song selection requirements: one up-tempo, one ballad; one pre-1960, one post-1960; no pop, rock, rap, or country. An accompanist will be provided; please make sure music is clearly marked and in the correct key.
Perform a one-minute monologue (from a play, not a musical or film/screenplay; no dialects)
The last section will include the dance portion; you will be taught the combination at the audition. Please bring appropriate dance/footwear (jazz or character shoes). Please make sure your clothing is not loose-fitting and lines of the body are visible. You will be given the opportunity to change prior to the dance audition.
Please bring three, completed copies of the attached audition form, as well as a headshot, to the audition.
After auditions are complete, there will be a building tour (if on campus) and a Q&A about the musical theatre program for you and your family members.
As the date gets closer, you will receive an email asking for confirmation of your audition. If we do not receive confirmation, your slot may be forfeited to someone on the waitlist.
Masks must be worn at all times
In the meantime, click on this link to view an excellent video of our facilities. The building was fully renovated approximately six years ago and features state-of-the-art performance, rehearsal, and studio spaces.