Business Economics Major
You’ll integrate economic theory and applied economics with an emphasis on management with this unique among SUNY institutions degree. Your course work will be typical of a traditional business administration major but with an emphasis on the development of both technical and analytical skills in a strong liberal arts context.
Business Economics Careers
- Economic consultant
- Policy analyst
What will I learn?
You’ll be able to explore
- International trade and finance
- Economic development
- Money and banking
- Environmental economics
Plus interesting and timely topics related to
- Government spending
- The importance of politics and our economy
- Internships/Cooperative Education
- Economics Club
- Study abroad opportunities
- 4+1 M.B.A. program with Clarkson University
College is more than a classroom. Enhance your experience with these opportunities:
- Internships and other real-world experiences
- Do research with faculty such as examining the economic impact of the New York Jets summer training camp on Cortland County.
Office: Moffett Center, Room 218
Type of Degrees
Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
Credit Hours: 120
We recognize excellence in our students with awards and scholarships.
- Academic Achievement and Service Award
- Academic Excellence in Economics
- Chair’s Award for Academic Excellence
- Faculty Award for Academic Achievement
- Fred Hanga Jr. Memorial Award for Excellence in Business Economics
- Gerald M. Surette Scholarship in Political Economy