A comprehensive curriculum, distinctive learning opportunities and an accomplished dedicated faculty are among the many reasons for studying business economics or economics at SUNY Cortland.
Our business economics program offers course work typical of a traditional business administration major, but with a much stronger foundation in economic theory and applied economics. You’ll be able to explore international trade and finance, economic development, money and banking, or environmental economics, plus interesting and timely topics related to government spending, globalization and the importance of politics and our economy.
Your classroom learning will be integrated with internships and other real-world experiences. You’ll also have opportunities to do research with faculty, such as examining the economic impact of the New York Jets summer training camp on Cortland County.
A Cortland economics degree offers ideal preparation for graduate or law school, or for a successful career in business, management, investing or public policy.
SUNY Cortland has a significant impact on the local economy. The Economics Department compiled the following reports.
- Economic Impact Study 2012 (PDF)
- Economic Impact Study 2008 (PDF)
- New York Jets Summer Training Camp Economic Impact 2013 (PDF)
- New York Jets Summer Training Camp Economic Impact 2012 (PDF)
- New York Jets Summer Training Camp Economic Impact 2010 (PDF)
- New York Jets Summer Training Camp Economic Impact 2009 (PDF)
- Spring Teams Streak to SUNYAC Summit May 04, 2015
- Students Host Free Children’s Event Sunday May 01, 2015
- EPA Names Cortland SUNY Conference’s Green Power Champion May 01, 2015
- Lights, Cameras, 2015 Senior Send-off! April 28, 2015
- Final Blood Drive Set for April 29 April 28, 2015
- New York Actor to Discuss Gay Culture April 23, 2015
- Rapper Big Sean Headlines Spring Fling April 23, 2015
- Students to Pledge Against Sex Assault April 21, 2015
- Town-gown Project to Cut Ribbon on ‘Cemetrail’ April 21, 2015
- Phi Kappa Phi Names 2015 Academic Standouts April 21, 2015
- Local Arts Council to House Spring Edition of Speak April 21, 2015
- Outdoor Art Display Questions Capitalism April 21, 2015
- Students Step Up as ‘Big Event’ Nears April 21, 2015
- Cortland Football to Host Bone Marrow Testing Drive May 2 April 21, 2015
- WSUC to Host Concert April 17, 2015
- Business Economics [BUSE]
- Business Economics: Concentration in Environmental Management [BUSE/ENMG]
- Business Economics: Concentration in Financial Management [BUSE/FMGT ]
- Business Economics: Concentration in Human Resource Management [BUSE/HRM]
- Business Economics: Concentration in International Business and Economics [BUSE/IBE]
- Dual Major in Adolescence Education: Social Studies and Economics (7-12) [SST and ECO]
- Economics [ECO]
- Economics Minor [ECO]
- Economics: Concentration in International Political Economy and Public Policy [ECO/IPEP]
- Management Minor [MGT]
- Political Economy and Public Policy Minor [PEPP]