A Leadership Opportunity
Trip Leaders consist of students who have successfully completed an apprenticeship where they gain the skills and experience required to lead and facilitate outdoor adventure trips. Our trip leaders are an integral part of the program and are dedicated, kind, and professional leaders!
Outdoor Pursuits accepts applications each semester for a new trip leader apprentice class that starts the following semester. Open for all to apply! Applications can be turned in via the link below.
The Outdoor Pursuits program is accepting applications for Trip Apprentices for the Spring 2023 semester!
Application deadline: Tuesday, January 31
- Volunteer Position, potential to move onto Trip Leader with Outdoor Pursuits upon completion of all required trainings & experiences
- Multiple positions available.
- Learn multiple outdoor activities (hiking, backpacking, xc skiing, snowshoeing, paddling, climbing, & more!) as well as group management and instruction skills, working with your peers!
- Play and work! Apprentices can still participate in all OP events (trips, rock wall, rentals, ect...)
- No experience necessary! Training sessions provided, along with activity-specific equipment rentals!
Application review will begin on Feb 1 with interview invitations being sent on the same day, for group interviews happening on Friday, Feb. 3.
Follow us on Instagram: @Cortland_OP
Outdoor Pursuits interviews, invites, & onboards a new cohort of Trip Apprentices during the Spring semester.
Upon successful completion of a Trip Apprentice-ship, these individual may be invited to be full Trip Leaders for Outdoor Pursuits.
All are welcome to apply! Prior outdoor experience not required. Please have an interest in and appreciation of the outdoors, and a desire to share that with others!