Rena C. Janke, Coordinator of Adolescence Education: Science (grades 7-12)
Office: Bowers Hall, Room 1117
Lincoln Memorial University, B.S.
University of Tennessee, M.S., Ed.D.
- Undergraduate majors in biology, chemistry, geology, physics and physics/mathematics leading to initial teaching certification.
- Master of Arts in Teaching. Graduate program leading to initial certification to teach biology,
chemistry, earth science or physics (grades 7-12).
- Master of Science in Education. Graduate program leading to professional certification for biology, chemistry, earth science, physics, or physics/mathematics.
Courses Frequently Taught
- EDU 423: Laboratory Practicum
- EDU 443: Methods II: Teaching Science in the Middle and Secondary Schools
- EDU 643: Seminar in Teaching Science
- EDU 645: Methods II: Teaching Science in the Middle and Secondary Schools
- EDU 393/593: Student Teaching Supervision
- SCI 690: Independent Study in Science Education (Culminating master's project)