Access to College Education (ACE)
Developed in 1989, Access to College Education (ACE) is a unique consortium of four institutions: Cornell University, Ithaca College, SUNY Cortland, and Tompkins Cortland Community College, working in partnership with local school districts to provide extensive college and career readiness programming throughout the year. Students in grades 9-12 are invited to enroll in our program through their school district to develop a college mindset and prepare for success in higher education.
Each of the four colleges hosts various ACE events including grade-specific workshop-based campus visits, theater productions, sporting events, college fairs and opportunities to learn about careers and majors. These programs provide students and families an opportunity to have college experiences and explore college ready and career exploration topics.
Whether you are just entering high school or preparing for your final year, ACE facilitates FREE experiences and resource connections that support students and family members as you:
- Explore passion areas that lead to academic exploration and career goals
- Learn academic and personal development skills you can apply now
- Make informed decisions about your goals and pathway into college
- Connect with financial and other college-prep resources
- Prepare for your college transition
- ACE is completely unique to central NY. It includes 10 area school districts with roughly 300 enrolled 9th-12th graders
- To join, students or family members need to contact their high school guidance counselor and request an online ACE Commitment Form
- Each semester ACE offers a variety of educational and cultural programs focused on exploring college-ready and career-exploration topics geared toward students and their families
- Programs are facilitated virtually and in person
- Students may join ACE at the end of 8th grade or anytime during their high school career
- All ACE events are completely free for ACE members and their families
Email : email@example.com
ACE Office Hours:
Tuesday 8:00-2:00 p.m.
Wednesday 8:00-3:00 p.m.
Thursday 8:00-2:00 p.m.
Cornish Hall, Room 1312B
Cortland, NY 13045