Fitz, as it is commonly known, is a corridor style building with double rooms. This low-rise residence hall is a mixed hall that houses both upper-class students and new students.
Fitzgerald Hall Highlights
- The recreation room, located on the first floor, has a pool table, electronic dart board and a TV.
- The study lounge and vending machines are located on the first floor.
- There are additional lounges located on the second and third floors of the building where students can relax and study outside of their residence hall room.
- The student staff office and the RHD’s office are both located on the first floor.
- The laundry facilities are located on the ground floor; you use your college ID as a form of payment for vending machines. The cost for use of the laundry machines is included in your dining plan.
- Many of Fitzgerald’s residents like its close proximity to Corey Union and numerous dining facilities.
- Fitzgerald Hall is open for winter athletes over winter break.
- An elevator allows access to all floors.
- The second and third floors offer housing as co-ed by room.
Fitzgerald Hall Room Dimensions
Please be aware that these dimensions are approximate and may vary from room to room.
14.6' x 12.8' floor
6.5' x 4' window
4.1' x 2.2' x 7.6' closet
View the Fitzgerald Hall Photo Gallery.
Fitzgerald Hall Staff
Residence Hall Director (RHD)
Fitzgerald Hall is managed by a full-time professional residence hall director (RHD) who both lives and works in the hall.
RHD Office Phone: 607-753-4152
Student Staff Office Phone: 607-753-2619
Resident Assistants (RA)
Each floor has one or two resident assistants, totaling seven RAs in Fitzgerald Hall.
Administrative Assistant (AA)
There is one administrative assistant. This student staff member is responsible for distributing your mail, maintaining the staff office and assisting the RHD with tasks.
Academic Peer Mentor (APM)
There is one academic peer mentor. This student staff member is responsible for assisting you with your academic questions, keeping you aware of academic timelines and providing study groups.