2015 Welcome Week: Aug. 28 - Sept. 9
Friday, Aug. 28
- 7 p.m. Residence Hall Welcome, Residence Hall Main Lounges Mandatory for on-campus residents
- 8 p.m. Pop Culture Clash Game Show, Corey Union Function Room. Test your pop culture knowledge in this fast-paced game show. Cash prizes. Sponsored by SAB.
Saturday, Aug. 29
- 1:30 and 3:30 p.m. Sexual Assault Awareness Program: A Call to Men, Corey Union Function Room. Presented by Tony Porter, educator, activist. Tony makes a call to men everywhere, don't "act like a man." Sharing powerful stories from his own life, he shows how this mentality can lead men to mistreat, disrespect and abuse women, and each other. His solution: break free of the "man box." *For all new students.
- 5-8 p.m. Welcome Picnic, Bishop/Shea Quad
- 8 p.m. Dan Lornitis Comedy Hypnotist, Corey Union Function Room. Presented by Cortland Nites.
Sunday, Aug. 30
- 1 p.m. Transfer Takeoff, Newmark Pavilion. Chat with other new transfers, meet your Transfer Buddy, talk to an academic advisor. (Rain site: Sperry Lobby)
- 2 p.m. Class Finding Tours: Transfer students meet at Newmark Pavilion near the Library; First-year students meet at Corey Union steps.
- 4 p.m. Academic Convocation, Park Center Alumni Ice Arena. *Mandatory for all new SUNY Cortland students.
Monday, Aug. 31 - Classes Begin
Tuesday, Sept. 1
- 3 p.m. Women's Volleyball vs. Clarkson, Park Center Corey Gymnasium
- 4 p.m. Women's Soccer vs. Misericordia, Stadium Complex Grass Field
- 5 p.m. Women's Volleyball vs. Houghton, Park Center Corey Gymnasium
Wednesday, Sept. 2
- 3 p.m. Student Employment and Volunteer Fair, Corey Union Exhibition Lounge
- 6 and 7 p.m. Wellness Wednesday Program: "An Intro to Yoga", Student Life Center, Mind Body Room. Come either time and experience a beginner yoga class in this new relaxing setting. Wear comfortable clothing. Open to the first 40 attendees per time slot; those turned away will receive a guest pass.
Thursday, Sept. 3
- Noon-6 p.m. Red Cross Blood Drive, Corey Union Function Room
Friday, Sept. 4
- All Day (photo at 1:40 p.m.) Red Dragon Pride Day Join the excitement! Show your SUNY Cortland pride and wear red and white! Wear your Red Dragon attire to show support for SUNY Cortland during the national College Colors Day.
- Noon - 6 p.m. Red Cross Blood Drive, Corey Union Exhibition Lounge
- 3 and 5 p.m. Women's Volleyball vs. Richard Stockton, Park Center Corey Gymnasium
- 8 p.m. Cortland Nites Mini Golf, Shipwreck Golf, Cortland. Pick up your free ticket in Corey Union at 6 p.m.. Bus transportation provided from Corey Union steps.
Saturday, Sept. 5
- 11 a.m. Women's Volleyball vs. St. Lawrence, Park Center Corey Gymnasium
- Noon Men's Football vs. Heidelberg University, Stadium Complex Main Field
- 1 p.m. Field Hockey vs. Skidmore, Stadium Complex White Field
- 4 p.m. Women's Volleyball vs. Utica, Park Center Corey Gymnasium
- 8 p.m. Cortland Nites Bubble Soccer, Student Life Center. All the action, all the fun and excitement of soccer, but with a hilarious and whacky twist.
Monday, Sept. 7 - No classes in observance of Labor Day
- 10 a.m. Labor Day Carnival
- 3 p.m. Greek Information Meeting for Incoming Transfer Students, Corey Union Exhibition Lounge. Learn about getting involved in Greek Life at Cortland.
Tuesday, Sept. 8
- 7 p.m. Open Mic Night, Corey Union Function Room. Got talent? Here's your chance to entertain your new friends. Free refreshments.
- 8 p.m. Know the Code, Corey Union Function Room. What you don't know can hurt you. Learn about the Code of Student Conduct and have your questions answered. Prize drawings!
Wednesday, Sept. 9
- 4 p.m. Women's Tennis vs. Alfred, Tennis Courts
- 7 p.m. Wellness Wednesday Program: "Ten Things Every College Student Should Know About Sex", Corey Union Exhibition Lounge
- 8 p.m. Know the Code, Corey Union Function Room. What you don't know CAN hurt you. Learn about the Code of Student Conduct and have your questions answered. Prize drawings.
All Welcome Week events are free of charge thanks to the following sponsors: Advisement and Transition, Alumni Affairs, ASC, Campus Activities and Corey Union, Career Services, Multicultural Life and Diversity, Recreational Sports, Residence Life and Housing, Sexual Assault Awareness and Programming Committee and the Student Activities Board.
Should you need more information about Welcome Week, please call Campus Activities at 607-753-2322.