Leadership positions and opportunities are plentiful at SUNY Cortland through various offices, departments, clubs and organizations. The overviews below can help students identify the positions that best fit their goals and interests.
Advisement and Transition Office:
- COR 101 Teaching Assistant:
- Summer Orientation Assistant: Orientation Assistants (OAs) help new students adjust to life at SUNY Cortland during our summer Orientation program (June – July). During this time, OAs also develop leadership skills and build relationships with peers, faculty and staff while earning a $2000 stipend. As an OA, you lead small group discussions, answer questions, help with class registration, and coordinate activities. At the conclusion of the summer, Orientation Assistants often comment on a better understanding of themselves as well as the college. To learn more about the position, please visit cortland.edu/orientation.
- Transfer Buddy: Transfer Buddy: A leadership opportunity for returning transfer students to help assist new transfer students with the transition to SUNY Cortland. By volunteering students gain confidence, get involved, meet new people, participate in transfer student welcome events, and support new students. It’s a great way for students to share advice about Cortland and encourage new students to get involved on campus. More information about the Transfer Buddy program can be found at cortland.edu/transfer-support
Residence Life and Housing:
- Resident Assistant:
- Administrative Assistant:
- Academic Peer Mentor:
Student Government Association:
Student Conduct Office:
- Student Justice: Student Justices serve on either the Student Conduct Board (SCB) or thh College Hearing Panel (CHP) to listen to and review evidence on cases presented to decide whether or not a student is in violantion of the Student Code of Conduct. In addition to the experience, students may be eligible to receive one credit for their participation. Student Justices have monthly training sessions and participate in 3-4 hearings per semester.