This initiative is an opportunity for students to share the importance of the safety measures surrounding COVID-19 with their peers. During a one-hour training, students will learn why it is important to wear a face covering, be physically distant from others, wash hands properly and clean surfaces. In addition, students will learn how to educate other students.
Trainings will take place the last full week of August 2020. If you are interested, please sign up for a free virtual training.
At SUNY Cortland, we are committed to staying well and protecting others. Therefore, I pledge to take responsibility for my own health and to help keep my Red Dragon community safe by stopping the spread of COVID-19.
All students attest to:
• Having completed the Pre-Arrival Screen for COVID-19 and having submitted my responses prior to arrival.
• Having completed all isolation, quarantine or other requirements mandated by my completed Pre-Arrival Screen for COVID-19.
All students commit to:
• Maintain at least 6 feet of physical distance from others on and off campus when feasible.
• Wear an appropriate face covering on and off campus.
• Wash my hands often with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
• Abide by the occupancy limits of federal, state and local ordinances.
• Stay informed and comply with campus policies.
• Carefully observe instructional signs and follow directions around campus.
• Keep my clothing, belongings, personal spaces and shared common spaces sanitized.
• Complete the daily symptom screening survey about symptoms and other risk factors for COVID-19 (daily symptom survey is available in myRedDragon).
• Participate in testing, isolation, quarantine and contact tracing as requested.
• Contact the Student Health Service, my primary care physician or another medical professional if I experience any symptoms of illness.
• Stay home if I feel ill or after exposure to someone who is ill or has tested positive for COVID-19.
All students have read the recommendations:
• Get a flu vaccine.
• Access campus well-being resources when needed.
• Avoid traveling outside of Central New York for the Fall 2020 semester.
• Respectfully remind others about safety measures.
People with COVID-19 have reported a range of mild symptoms to severe illness.
Symptoms may appear 2 to 14 days after exposure to the virus.
Here are recommendations of supplies to bring to campus relating to the health and safety of yourself and others as you prepare for your campus arrival.
Adequate face coverings — Bring enough for one per day, keeping in mind how often you will wash them. The university will be providing two reusable masks to each student.
Cleaning supplies — This is for your own personal living space to wipe down commonly used surfaces.
Look for one of these active ingredients in your cleaning solutions to be effective against virus: Ethanol, Glycolic acid, Hydrogen peroxide, Hypochlorous acid, Isopropyl alcohol, Quaternary ammonium, Sodium hypochlorite.
A list of all COVID-19 disinfectants can be found on the EPA webpage.
Digital or other thermometer
Hand sanitizer — There will be hand sanitizers and places to wash your hands around campus; however, it is a good idea to have your own as well.
Off-campus students should remember hand soap for their living spaces.
Over-the-counter medicine — Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen or other cold symptom medication.
Isolation and quarantine “to go bag” — Since isolation or quarantine can happen quickly and likely be as long as 14 days, it is recommended to have a bag ready with essential items.
Items to consider: clothing, over-the-counter medication, prescription medication, school supplies, snacks, thermometer, toiletries/hygiene products.
The SUNY Cortland Cupboard will have some cleaning supplies, hand sanitizers and hand soap. Additional items may become available, if needed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other needs or suggestions.