The SUNY Cortland and Ithaca College football teams won’t meet for the 64th annual Cortaca Jug rivalry game until next Saturday, Nov. 11, but students can begin celebrating the legendary tradition Monday, Nov. 6, as a week of Cortaca-related activities and events kicks off.
The activities range from awareness-raising events aimed at celebrating Cortaca safely and responsibly to the annual Cortaca carnival in Corey Student Union and the traditional Cortaca-eve pep rally.
They’re all in addition to the football contest itself, in which SUNY Cortland’s Red Dragons seek to take back the legendary jug from the Ithaca Bombers at Ithaca’s Butterfield Stadium.
The many free events offering food and prize opportunities this week include:
- Cort-a-Cart | Monday, Nov. 6 | 2 p.m. | Student Life Center Multi-Activity Court | Experience the effects of high-risk drinking and drug use while navigating an obstacle course.
- Cortaca Must-Have Bingo | Monday, Nov. 6 | 7 p.m. | Corey Union Function Room | Prizes will include Cortaca Jug merchandise and groceries.
- Cortaca Karaoke Night | Tuesday, Nov. 7 | 7 p.m. | Corey Union First-Floor Lounge | Enjoy a food menu that includes buffalo mac and cheese and chicken wings.
- Party Smart Before Cortaca | Wednesday, Nov. 8 | Corey Union Function Room | Show your Red Dragon pride and make a custom jersey to wear to the game.
- Cortaca Carnival | Thursday, Nov. 9 | 6 p.m. | Corey Union Function Room | Enjoy inflatables, caricature artists and more.
- Cortaca Pep Rally | Friday, Nov. 10 | 7 p.m. | Corey Union steps (Rain location: Corey Union Function Room | Enjoy performances, raffles, food and more.
- City of Cortland Clean-up | Sunday, Nov. 12 | Noon | Meet at 42 Main Street | Help beautify the city of Cortland after the big game.