Political Science Department
Dual Major in Adolescence Education: Social Studies and Political Science (7-12)
Combine your love for political science with professional teacher preparation to educate students on the subject of social studies. With a political science background and solid classroom teaching techniques, you'll be well prepared to educate pupils in grades 7-12. Why here, you ask? SUNY Cortland has the largest teacher education program in the Northeastern United States and distinguished faculty to help you excel along the way.
- Teaching adolescence social studies
- Professional schools such as law or social work
- Government and non-profit agencies and organizations
What Will I Learn?
- Choose from a variety of electives in economics, geography, history, literacy, psychology, social studies and political science
- Teacher preparation to effectively manage grades 7-12 classrooms
- Obtain a solid liberal arts education that fosters versatility in the world of work and good citizenship.
- Distinguished and award-winning faculty
- Classroom observation and student teaching give you real-world experience
College is more than a classroom. Enhance your experience with extracurricular opportunities:
Pi Sigma Alpha