If you get a rush from organized sports or feel proud when you work out with teammates and help one another succeed, then check out exercise science. Your course of study will prepare you to rigorously apply the scientific method of discovery, analysis and research to a wide range of areas associated with human movement. Learn how and why the human body responds to physical activity.
Careers in Exercise Science
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Chiropractic medicine
- Cardiac/pulmonary rehabilitation
- Exercise science research
- Clinical technician
- Sport Equipment Sales
- Pharmaceutical or medical equipment sales
- Fitness management
What Will I Learn?
- You’ll be in a flexible, broad-based program that combines major courses with a number of electives.
- Classes emphasize current research as well as its practical application.
- Core courses in exercise science are combined with classes in other disciplines such as
- Mathematics and general sciences
- Social sciences
- Applied sciences
- Get a chance to work in studies with faculty and your colleagues
- Work with Center for Obesity Research and Education (C.O.R.E.)
- Clubs that will help immerse you in your study through fieldwork
- Work with a faculty members as your own client
- Study abroad in England, Germany and Australia
Healthy Now Teen Program, practicum experiences, research projects with faculty, and participation in service learning opportunities in the community are just a few of the ways to be involved.