The mission of the Center for Gender and Intercultural Studies (CGIS) is to foster and develop equity and respect for social, racial, ethnic, cultural, economic, sexual orientation, and environmental justice and diversity within the campus and larger community. The Center educates about systems of oppression and discrimination, and strives to enable mutual respect and understanding of cultures and underrepresented groups. The Center focuses on the development of diversity across the curriculum; the promotion of research; the facilitation of student, staff and faculty development; and the recommendation of policy.
A call for funding requests to the Center for Gender and Intercultural Studies (CGIS) will be announced at the beginning of each semester. CGIS funding applications will be accepted on a rolling basis for up to $200.
Funding requests to CGIS must include a completed funding application (see attached CGIS Funding Request Form), including the statement explaining how the requested funding support will be used to advance the mission and vision of CGIS.
Please direct any questions to the CGIS Office located in Old Main, room 122.
1. Contact person responsible for this request:
Campus Address ____________________
Campus E-mail Address __________________________
Campus Phone # ____________________
Cell or Home Phone # ___________________________
2. Type of Request: ____ Event/Activity ____ Materials ____ Other
a. Name and credentials of presenter or artist: _______________________________________________________________
b. Title and description of event, materials, or other: __________________________________________________________
c. Date of event (if applicable): ____________________
Location (Building) ________________________________
N.B. Applicant is responsible for booking the location and arranging audio/visual
d. Other (describe): ________________________________________________________________________________
3. Sponsoring committee(s)/club(s)/organization(s): ___________________________________________________________________
Office Use Only:
Date Request Received: _____________ Date Request Processed: ______________
Decision: _____ Funded _____ Not Funded
If funded, amount awarded: ____________
4. Amount of funding requested from CGIS $ ____________________
5. Please list other sources of funding sought in support of this proposal and the amount(s) both sought & committed:
|Committee/Organization/Department||Amount Sought||Amount Committed|
6. Please briefly explain how the requested funding will be used to advance the mission & vision of CGIS:
7. If your request is approved please send an invoice, an account number that funds should be transferred to, or the name of the person whom the check should be made out to.
Please return this application to
Old Main, Room 122