Billed as "the biggest little game in the nation" by Sports Illustrated, the annual Cortland-Ithaca football contest has been one of the top draws in NCAA Division III football for decades and a SUNY Cortland tradition for more than half a century.
Cortaca Jug 2019
The 61st Cortaca Jug game will be held at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. on Saturday, Nov. 16, with a 1 p.m. kickoff.
Want to keep up with the game in real time? Watch the game live on ictv.org.
Tickets for the general public are $15, $25 and $35 and will be sold through Ticketmaster.
Information for SUNY Cortland Cortaca bus passengers
- Be at the steps of Corey Union (or the Corey Union lobby if the weather is bad) by 7 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 16, to get checked in.
- Make sure all riders have both a bus ticket and a game ticket. These are not the same things, and you will need a bus ticket to board.
- All bags and items will be subject to multiple screenings prior to entering MetLife Stadium.
- Be aware of what you can and cannot bring on the trip. We will provide all bus passengers with water on the way down and back from the stadium. A list of prohibited and allowed items from MetLife Stadium is below.
- Please direct any questions via email to Kevin.Pristash@cortland.edu
Items allowed at MetLife Stadium
- Clear bags that are 12" x 6" x 12" or less in size. Only one bag is allowed per person.
- Small purses/handbags (clutch-type bags) that are 4.5" x 6.5" or less in size. Only one is allowed per person.
- Food of any kind as long as it is contained in a clear plastic bag
- Still-photography cameras with a lens that is 6" or less in length not contained in a case
- Hand-carried jackets, blankets, or other items. They will be patted down or searched at the stadium
- Official national flags that can reasonably be held by a single person that do not obstruct the view of other guests. No sticks or poles are allowed.
Items not allowed at MetLife Stadium or the Cortaca bus
- Seat cushions of any size except those needed for medical reasons.
- Glass bottles, cans, coolers of any kind, thermoses or ice chests; personal water bottles or coffee cups.
- Alcohol of any kind
- Banners of any size
- Flags that are not the official flag of a country, or are displayed on a stick or a pole or cannot reasonably be held by a single person
- Umbrellas, strollers, laser pointers or balls of any kind.
- Single purpose video cameras or still-photography cameras with a lens longer than 6".
- Selfie Sticks
- Weapons, or any item that may be used as a projectile or s deemed dangerous by MetLife Stadium management.
- Any animal, with the exception of a service animal.
Round-trip tickets from Crossgates Mall (Albany, NY) to MetLife Stadium are available at $30 per seat—this does not include tickets to the game. Purchase bus tickets online or by calling Alumni Engagement at 607-753-2516. No one-way tickets will be sold.
Events and Contests
In the News
2019 Cortaca Jug game to break the all-time ticket sales record for a Division III football game.