Tau Sigma Honor Society
SUNY Cortland Chapter
Attention Tau Sigma Members!
The 2013/2014 Tau Sigma Scholarship is now available. The deadline to submit your application is Friday, November 1! Click Here to access the scholarship application.
Email the completed application as an attachment to Emily Quinlan, Advisement and Transition, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 1, 2013. You will receive an email notification acknowledging receipt of your completed application.
Applications will be reviewed by a small committee at the local chapter. One application will then be selected and sent to the National Chapter by the November 15th deadline and will be evaluated by the Tau Sigma Scholarship Review Committee (made up of Tau Sigma chapter advisors). Upon completing the evaluation of the applicants, the Committee will provide the Executive Director with the names of the scholarship recipients. The scholarships will be announced by December 13, 2013 and awarded by January 17, 2014.
Tau Sigma National Honor Society will award multiple scholarships of between $250 and $2,500. The total amount of scholarships awarded will be between $35,000 and $40,000.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Tau Sigma National
National Standards for Tau Sigma membership eligibility are as follows:
1. The student must transfer to an institution of higher learning from another academic institution with at least one full year's academic credits satisfied at the prior institution(s).
2. The student must be registered in a course of study leading to a bachelor's degree for an amount of work equal to an average full load (12-15 credits).
3. Membership to the organization shall be based upon superior academic achievement by students during their first term in the institution to which they transfer.
4. The minimum academic average required for membership is either a 3.5 on a 4.0 scale or a grade point average that places the prospective candidate in the top 20% of all incoming transfer students during the term in question.
5. Eligibility is limited to the first term of enrollment at the institution to which the student transfers.
Items Available for Purchase
Chapter T-shirts ($15.00) and Commencement Honor Cords ($20.00) are available to order. Honor cords are designed to wear around your neck with your graduation robe.
Questions? Please contact the Chapter Advisor, Emily Quinlan at 607-753-4726.