Tau Sigma Honor Society
SUNY Cortland Chapter
Congratulations to LaJoie Ward and Kelli Carsten the 2012/2013 Tau Sigma National Scholarship recipients!
Tau Sigma National
National Standards for Tau Sigma membership eligibility are as follows:
1. The student must transfer to an institution of higher learning from another academic institution with at least one full year's academic credits satisfied at the prior institution(s).
2. The student must be registered in a course of study leading to a bachelor's degree for an amount of work equal to an average full load (12-15 credits).
3. Membership to the organization shall be based upon superior academic achievement by students during their first term in the institution to which they transfer.
4. The minimum academic average required for membership is either a 3.5 on a 4.0 scale or a grade point average that places the prospective candidate in the top 20% of all incoming transfer students during the term in question.
5. Eligibility is limited to the first term of enrollment at the institution to which the student transfers.
Items Available for Purchase
Chapter T-shirts ($15.00) and Commencement Honor Cords ($20.00) are available to order. Honor cords are designed to wear around your neck with your graduation robe.
Questions? Please contact the Chapter Advisor, Emily Quinlan at 607-753-4726.