Alpha Sigma Lambda
2014 Induction Ceremony - April 23, 2014
Congratulations to our 26 new student members!
Pictured: Dr. Joy Hendrick (Guest Speaker and Honorary Member), R. Moore, K. Austin, K. Nuon-English, Z. Taillie, H. Hernandez, R. Broduer, K. Jensen, C. Ruiz, J. Walsh and K. Scott
Lambda Omicron Chapter (SUNY Cortland Chapter) of Alpha Sigma Lambda
For more information about Alpha Sigma Lambda: Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society.
Standards for Alpha Sigma Lambda membership at SUNY Cortland are as follows:
- Members must be matriculated, undergraduate students at SUNY Cortland
- have a minimum of 24 graded semester hours completed at SUNY Cortland.
- be at least 24 years of age.
- have a minimum grade point average of 3.2. The cumulative scholastic record of the student as interpreted by the institution where membership is to be conferred shall be the basis for computing scholastic eligibility.
- Members shall be selected only from the top 20 percent of the criteria listed 1-4 above.
- Eligible members will be notified by mail in March 2015.
2015 Induction Ceremony will be held on Tuesday, April 14, 2015.
Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society Scholarship
Alpha Sigma Lambda, is offering a total of eleven $2500 scholarships for the 2015-2016 academic year. You do not have to be a member of Alpha Sigma Lambda to be eligible to apply. (SUNY Cortland has a chapter.) Each college with an Alpha Sigma Lambda chapter may submit two applications to the national level. There are currently over 300 chapters in the U.S. but less than half of them submit applications.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
- have a minimum of a 3.2 GPA,
- have completed 30 hours at SUNY Cortland,
- meet SUNY Cortland's definition of "a non-traditional student",
- have financial need, and
- will be enrolled for the 2015-2016 academic year.
You do NOT need to be a member of ASL to apply.
Application deadline is Thursday, April 23, 2015 by 4 p.m.
All materials need to be submitted to Cheryl Hines, Chapter Councilor, in Advisement and Transition, Memorial Library, Room A-111. Do NOT submit your application materials to the ASL Home Office.
Please take time to read this information packet before applying!
Scholarship Application can be downloaded here.