Alpha Sigma Lambda
2013 Induction Ceremony - April 11, 2013
Congratulations to our 25 new student members!
Pictured Front Row: J. Bogdan, A. Johnston, L. Cornell, V. Barrott, V. Gunther, and L. Hammond
Pictured Back Row: L. Giannetti, S. Shea, C. Hines (Chapter Councilor), C. Coles, K. Palm, E. Closs, Dr. Orvil White (Guest Speaker and Honorary Member) and Provost Mark Prus
SPRING 2014's Ceremony - Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Lambda Omicron Chapter (SUNY Cortland Chapter) of Alpha Sigma Lambda
For more information about Alpha Sigma Lambda: Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society.
Standards for Alpha Sigma Lambda membership at SUNY Cortland are as follows:
- Members must be matriculated, undergraduate students at SUNY Cortland
- have a minimum of 24 graded semester hours completed at SUNY Cortland.
- be at least 24 years of age.
- have a minimum grade point average of 3.2. The cumulative scholastic record of the student as interpreted by the institution where membership is to be conferred shall be the basis for computing scholastic eligibility.
- Members shall be selected only from the top 20 percent of the criteria listed 1-4 above.
- Eligible members were notified by mail earlier in March.
Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society Scholarship
Alpha Sigma Lambda, is offering a total of ten $2200 scholarships for the 2014-2015 academic year. You do not have to be a member of Alpha Sigma Lambda to be eligible to apply. (SUNY Cortland has a chapter.) Each college with an Alpha Sigma Lambda chapter may submit two applications to the national level. There are currently over 300 chapters in the U.S. but less than half of them submit applications.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
- have a minimum of a 3.2 GPA,
- have completed 30 hours at SUNY Cortland,
- be at least 24 years of age, have financial need, and
- will be enrolled for the 2014-2015 academic year.
You do NOT need to be a member of ASL to apply.
Scholarship Information and Application Packets
Scholarship Information Packet READ FIRST
Application packets MUST be submitted by April 16, 2014, to: Cheryl Hines, ASL Chaptor Councilor.
Applicants may mail their packet to:
Advisement and Transition, SUNY Cortland
PO Box 2000
Cortland NY 13045
or drop off to Cheryl at Advisement and Transition, Memorial Library, Room A-111
Do NOT submit packet to the Alpha Sigma Lambda home office.