Non-Traditional Students' Organization (NTSO)
All students are welcome, but our goal is to meet the unique needs of students over 24, and those with dependent children.
The Non-Traditional Students Organization is funded through the Student Government Association. NTSO invites non-trads to be members and officers to lead the organization. NTSO sponsors open houses, special events for students and their families, and informational programs on topics of interest.
Don't try to juggle it alone.
Join us in the Non-Traditional Students Lounge, Cornish Hall, Room 1221.
Next meeting: Fall Semester
Come for information, support, and fun!
Meetings are held when at times when all of the officers can attend. Every attempt is made to hold meetings at different times of day and days of the week, if possible.
Contact NTSO at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in becoming an officer with the NTSO for the 2013-2014 year? Consider volunteering a little of your time each month to help support NTSO and its goals. Contact Cheryl Hines, NTSO Advisor, for more information.
All events occur in the Non-Traditional Student Lounge,Cornish Hall, Room 1221, unless otherwise noted.
Check out events for non-traditional students!
Past events sponsored by the NTSO
- Macy's "Believe" Program/Fundraiser for the Make-a-Wish Foundation
- Non-Traditional Students Week (2012 Flyer)
- End-of-the-Year Picnic at Suggett Park in Cortland
- Non-Trads on Ice!
- Spring into Fun Family Day
- Social Gathering at Garcia's Restaurant in Cortland
- Family Recreation Day
- Family Bowling Event at Cort-Lanes
- Open House during Non-Trad Week
- Coffee and treats during final exam week
- Relay for Life fundraising team - sponsoring the Locks of Love, haircuts and manicures
- "You Know You're a Non-Trad When..." statement contest.
- Informal Chat Sessions on "Living Up to Your Own Expectations" and "Juggling Your Relationships" w/Steve Smith, Senior Counselor, SUNY Cortland Counseling Center
- Non-Trad T-Shirt Day
- Bottle and Can Drive with donations benefiting the American Red Cross of Cortland County
- Food drive to benefit Loaves and Fishes of Cortland
Let us know what your needs are, and we will plan events that meet your interests. Information sessions facilitated by faculty and staff about topics of interest to current non-traditional students can be offered.
The NTSO Advisor and Coordinator for Non-Traditional Student Support, Cheryl Hines can be contacted through the Advisement and Transition Office.
"Non-traditional students enhance the campus culture tremendously because of the life experience they bring to the campus"
-Former SUNY Cortland President Judson H. Taylor