Non-Traditional Students' Organization (NTSO)
All students are welcome, but our goal is to meet the unique needs of students over 24, and those with dependent children.
The Non-Traditional Students Organization is funded through the Student Government Association. NTSO invites non-trads to be members and officers to lead the organization. NTSO sponsors open houses, special events for students and their families, and informational programs on topics of interest.
Don't try to juggle it alone.
Join us in the Non-Traditional Students Lounge, Cornish Hall, Room 1221.
Next meeting: Fall Semester
Come for information, support, and fun!
Meetings are held when at times when all of the officers can attend. Every attempt is made to hold meetings at different times of day and days of the week, if possible.
Contact NTSO at email@example.com
NTSO Officers and SGA Representatives for 2014-2015
Do you enjoy the events and food socials offered? If so, remember these events do not happen without volunteers, like yourself, organizing them. Are you interested in volunteering your time and talents to be on the E-Board for the Non-Traditional Student Organization?
If you are interested, please contact Cheryl Hines, Club Advisor. Elections will be held electronically if more than one person expresses an interest in the same position.
All events occur in the Non-Traditional Student Lounge,Cornish Hall, Room 1221, unless otherwise noted.
Check out events for non-traditional students!
Past events sponsored by the NTSO
- Macy's "Believe" Program/Fundraiser for the Make-a-Wish Foundation (Started in 2012, continuing in 2013)
- Non-Traditional Students Week 2013 (See flyer.)
- End-of-the-Year Picnic at Suggett Park in Cortland
- Non-Trads on Ice!
- Spring into Fun Family Day
- Social Gathering at Garcia's Restaurant in Cortland
- Family Recreation Day
- Family Bowling Event at Cort-Lanes
- Open House during Non-Trad Week
- Coffee and treats during final exam week
- Relay for Life fundraising team - sponsoring the Locks of Love, haircuts and manicures
- "You Know You're a Non-Trad When..." statement contest.
- Informal Chat Sessions on "Living Up to Your Own Expectations" and "Juggling Your Relationships" w/Steve Smith, Senior Counselor, SUNY Cortland Counseling Center
- Non-Trad T-Shirt Day
- Bottle and Can Drive with donations benefiting the American Red Cross of Cortland County
- Food drive to benefit Loaves and Fishes of Cortland
Let us know what your needs are, and we will plan events that meet your interests. Information sessions facilitated by faculty and staff about topics of interest to current non-traditional students can be offered.
The NTSO Advisor and Coordinator for Non-Traditional Student Support, Cheryl Hines can be contacted through the Advisement and Transition Office.
"Non-traditional students enhance the campus culture tremendously because of the life experience they bring to the campus"
-Former SUNY Cortland President Judson H. Taylor