Welcome to the Mathematics Department at SUNY Cortland, home to nearly 300 undergraduate and 45 graduate majors.
Studying mathematics is a challenging yet very rewarding endeavor. Whether you choose to study mathematics to become a high school teacher or to prepare for an advanced degree in mathematics, we are ready to help you achieve your goal.
As a mathematics major you will learn to think critically, reason logically, and solve problems. These are skills that many employers find highly desirable, but it is not all about jobs and money. Doing mathematics is a natural human activity practiced by many cultures for thousands of years. Our primary aim is to give you a solid foundation in mathematics that will help you appreciate its power, beauty and usefulness.
- Professor Plays Key Role in Historic Athletics Decision February 24, 2015
- Alumni Engagement Hosts ‘Doing Business in NYC’ February 24, 2015
- Spring Fling Act to Be Announced Tuesday February 23, 2015
- Residence Life Conference to Train Superheroes February 19, 2015
- College to Stage ‘The Glass Menagerie’ February 19, 2015
- Body Appreciation Week Events Planned February 19, 2015
- College Adds Online Certificate in Recreation February 13, 2015
- Spring 2015 Performing Arts Schedule Set February 10, 2015
- Student Life Center Grand Opening Planned February 10, 2015
- Interdisciplinary Series to Highlight ‘R/Evolution’ February 10, 2015
- Genetic Modified Crops is Feb. 11 Topic February 10, 2015
- Study Abroad Scholarships Presented February 10, 2015
- Students Get Ready to Relay for Life February 10, 2015
- Peter Perkins Named VP for Institutional Advancement February 10, 2015
- Gov. Cuomo’s Budget Explained February 10, 2015