Welcome to the Mathematics Department at SUNY Cortland, home to nearly 300 undergraduate and 45 graduate majors.
Studying mathematics is a challenging yet very rewarding endeavor. Whether you choose to study mathematics to become a high school teacher or to prepare for an advanced degree in mathematics, we are ready to help you achieve your goal.
As a mathematics major you will learn to think critically, reason logically, and solve problems. These are skills that many employers find highly desirable, but it is not all about jobs and money. Doing mathematics is a natural human activity practiced by many cultures for thousands of years. Our primary aim is to give you a solid foundation in mathematics that will help you appreciate its power, beauty and usefulness.
- Jets’ Green and White Practice Means Fireworks July 30, 2014
- Conference to Target Mathematics Education July 22, 2014
- Students Focus on Summer Study Abroad July 22, 2014
- Students to Start Fall Classes on Aug. 25 July 22, 2014
- College Teams Finish Strong at Corporate Challenge July 22, 2014
- Jets’ Downtown Touchdown Set for Wednesday July 21, 2014
- Jets Camp Not Just for Football Fans July 18, 2014
- Alum to Perform on David Letterman Show July 09, 2014
- College Transitions to New Electronic Mail System July 01, 2014
- Alumni Reunion Set for July 11 to 13 July 01, 2014
- College Names Director of Student Conduct July 01, 2014
- Jets to Land in Cortland July 23 June 30, 2014
- Clinically Rich Approach Earns High Praise June 27, 2014
- Sorority’s Spirit Lives On, Decades After Fire June 27, 2014
- Eight Earn Chancellor’s Scholar-Athlete Awards June 18, 2014