Welcome to the Mathematics Department at SUNY Cortland, home to nearly 300 undergraduate and 45 graduate majors.
Studying mathematics is a challenging yet very rewarding endeavor. Whether you choose to study mathematics to become a high school teacher or to prepare for an advanced degree in mathematics, we are ready to help you achieve your goal.
As a mathematics major you will learn to think critically, reason logically, and solve problems. These are skills that many employers find highly desirable, but it is not all about jobs and money. Doing mathematics is a natural human activity practiced by many cultures for thousands of years. Our primary aim is to give you a solid foundation in mathematics that will help you appreciate its power, beauty and usefulness.
- Cortaca Ticket Information Announced October 22, 2014
- Recreation Conference Set for Nov. 6 and 7 October 21, 2014
- Motivational Speaker to Discuss College Success October 21, 2014
- New Exhibition Brings International Appeal October 21, 2014
- Biologist Joins Space-age Science Venture October 21, 2014
- Cortaca Battle is Out for Blood Donations October 21, 2014
- Barry Earns Lifetime Achievement Award October 21, 2014
- Top Southeastern Conference Official to Speak October 21, 2014
- Belize Zoo Visitors Offer Oct. 28 Talk October 21, 2014
- Diverse Outlook Among Future Educators is Topic October 21, 2014
- College Plans 29th African American Gospel Music Festival October 21, 2014
- Daniel Dryja ’04 Named Supervisor of Grounds Department October 21, 2014
- College Joins Annual March to End Hunger October 20, 2014
- From Undergrad to Owner: Young Grad Starts ABA Team October 17, 2014
- Professor Boosts Barduhn/EMS Award October 17, 2014