Welcome to the Mathematics Department at SUNY Cortland, home to nearly 300 undergraduate and 45 graduate majors.
Studying mathematics is a challenging yet very rewarding endeavor. Whether you choose to study mathematics to become a high school teacher or to prepare for an advanced degree in mathematics, we are ready to help you achieve your goal.
As a mathematics major you will learn to think critically, reason logically, and solve problems. These are skills that many employers find highly desirable, but it is not all about jobs and money. Doing mathematics is a natural human activity practiced by many cultures for thousands of years. Our primary aim is to give you a solid foundation in mathematics that will help you appreciate its power, beauty and usefulness.
- History Program Calls Teachers to the Wild January 23, 2015
- Opening Considers Hot Topics in Higher Ed January 23, 2015
- New Student Life Center to Open Feb. 16 January 22, 2015
- The Bistro Off Broadway to Open on Jan. 23 January 20, 2015
- Faculty Biennial Art Exhibition Opens Jan. 26 January 15, 2015
- Alumni Urged to Join MLK Jr. Day of Service January 13, 2015
- Carnegie Recognizes Community Engagement January 07, 2015