Welcome to the Mathematics Department at SUNY Cortland, home to nearly 300 undergraduate and 45 graduate majors.
Studying mathematics is a challenging yet very rewarding endeavor. Whether you choose to study mathematics to become a high school teacher or to prepare for an advanced degree in mathematics, we are ready to help you achieve your goal.
As a mathematics major you will learn to think critically, reason logically, and solve problems. These are skills that many employers find highly desirable, but it is not all about jobs and money. Doing mathematics is a natural human activity practiced by many cultures for thousands of years. Our primary aim is to give you a solid foundation in mathematics that will help you appreciate its power, beauty and usefulness.
- Ribbon Fundraiser Promotes AIDS Awareness November 24, 2014
- College Boosts CROP Hunger Walk Success November 21, 2014
- Video Connects Exercise Scientists to Olympics November 20, 2014
- Theta Phi Nears 50-Year Adirondack Tradition November 19, 2014
- Raffle Offers Shot at Football’s Biggest Game November 18, 2014
- Diplomat of Romania will Discuss Experiences November 18, 2014
- Student Club Added: Cortland Ice Girls November 18, 2014
- Local Bagel Business Booms for Young Grad November 18, 2014
- Handel’s ‘Messiah’ Concerts Set for Dec. 5 and 7 November 18, 2014
- ‘The Third Man’ Continues 'Rubble' Film Series November 17, 2014
- Chancellor Launches Education Innovation Center at Cortland November 14, 2014
- Advocate for Colombians Speaks Nov. 19 November 14, 2014
- College Singers to Offer 'Night Life' Music November 14, 2014
- College Boasts Pair of Cortaca Victories November 13, 2014
- School Districts Covet Alum’s Training November 12, 2014