Welcome to the Mathematics Department at SUNY Cortland, home to nearly 300 undergraduate and 45 graduate majors.
Studying mathematics is a challenging yet very rewarding endeavor. Whether you choose to study mathematics to become a high school teacher or to prepare for an advanced degree in mathematics, we are ready to help you achieve your goal.
As a mathematics major you will learn to think critically, reason logically, and solve problems. These are skills that many employers find highly desirable, but it is not all about jobs and money. Doing mathematics is a natural human activity practiced by many cultures for thousands of years. Our primary aim is to give you a solid foundation in mathematics that will help you appreciate its power, beauty and usefulness.
- Spring Teams Streak to SUNYAC Summit April 27, 2015
- New York Actor to Discuss Gay Culture April 23, 2015
- Rapper Big Sean Headlines Spring Fling April 23, 2015
- Lights, Cameras, 2015 Senior Send-off! April 21, 2015
- Students to Pledge Against Sex Assault April 21, 2015
- Town-gown Project to Cut Ribbon on ‘Cemetrail’ April 21, 2015
- Phi Kappa Phi Names 2015 Academic Standouts April 21, 2015
- Local Arts Council to House Spring Edition of Speak April 21, 2015
- Outdoor Art Display Questions Capitalism April 21, 2015
- Students Step Up as ‘Big Event’ Nears April 21, 2015
- Cortland Football to Host Bone Marrow Testing Drive May 2 April 21, 2015
- WSUC to Host Concert April 17, 2015
- Grad Shares TV Spotlight with Student April 16, 2015
- Honorary Degrees Recognize Two Former Campus Scholars April 15, 2015
- ‘New Social Darwinism’ is Topic April 23 April 14, 2015