Welcome to the Mathematics Department at SUNY Cortland, home to nearly 300 undergraduate and 45 graduate majors.
Studying mathematics is a challenging yet very rewarding endeavor. Whether you choose to study mathematics to become a high school teacher or to prepare for an advanced degree in mathematics, we are ready to help you achieve your goal.
As a mathematics major you will learn to think critically, reason logically, and solve problems. These are skills that many employers find highly desirable, but it is not all about jobs and money. Doing mathematics is a natural human activity practiced by many cultures for thousands of years. Our primary aim is to give you a solid foundation in mathematics that will help you appreciate its power, beauty and usefulness.
- College to Recognize Constitution Day September 15, 2014
- Dowd Reopening Celebrated with Toy Piano Performance September 10, 2014
- Series Explores Culture, Technology, Sustainability September 09, 2014
- Cortland Again Ranked One of America’s Top Colleges September 09, 2014
- Gender Bender Science Talk Planned Sept. 18 September 09, 2014
- Second Language Educators Confer Sept. 27 September 09, 2014
- Media Executive Visiting SUNY Cortland for Residency September 09, 2014
- C-Club Induction Highlights Busy Sports Weekend September 09, 2014
- Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand to Host Forum at College September 02, 2014
- Bias on Campus Roundtable Planned September 01, 2014
- New Show Inaugurates Renovated Dowd Gallery September 01, 2014
- College to Go Red for Colors Day August 27, 2014
- College and Firm Partner on New Technologies August 26, 2014
- Speech, Hearing Center Expands Outreach August 26, 2014
- College Offers ‘Wellness’ Series for Campus, Community August 26, 2014