Welcome to the Mathematics Department at SUNY Cortland, home to nearly 300 undergraduate and 45 graduate majors.
Studying mathematics is a challenging yet very rewarding endeavor. Whether you choose to study mathematics to become a high school teacher or to prepare for an advanced degree in mathematics, we are ready to help you achieve your goal.
As a mathematics major you will learn to think critically, reason logically, and solve problems. These are skills that many employers find highly desirable, but it is not all about jobs and money. Doing mathematics is a natural human activity practiced by many cultures for thousands of years. Our primary aim is to give you a solid foundation in mathematics that will help you appreciate its power, beauty and usefulness.
- SUNY Cortland Plans Green Days Events April 01, 2015
- Jets to Remain in New Jersey for 2015 Training Camp March 31, 2015
- Chancellor to Honor Four Students for Excellence March 31, 2015
- UPD Offers Easy Medication Disposal March 30, 2015
- Local Teachers Hone Skills at College March 24, 2015
- Sociologist to Discuss Humanity's Global Effects March 24, 2015
- Filmmaker to Discuss Human Enhancement March 24, 2015
- College's Outdoor Centers Explained at Roundtable March 24, 2015
- Casting Complete for ‘Legally Blonde, The Musical’ March 24, 2015
- April Events Continue Project on Eastern and Central Europe March 24, 2015
- Workshop Calls Young Girls to STEM Fields March 24, 2015
- Blaze Falls Just Short in Mascot Madness March 24, 2015
- Student Climber Rescues Trapped Dog March 23, 2015
- Campus Celebrates Student Life Center Opening March 18, 2015
- Alumnus to Lead Southeastern Conference March 13, 2015