The Cortland Fund
Gifts from alumni, parents, friends, faculty and staff offer necessary and immediate dollars that can be directed where they are most urgently needed. Your gift to The Cortland Fund can help ensure that Cortland will continue to provide a world class education at an affordable price for years to come.
What is The Cortland Fund?
- Convenient one-stop method for making a financial gift targeted for SUNY Cortland’s educational programs
- Allows donors to help Cortland address its areas of greatest need
- Puts philanthropic dollars into the hands of students and faculty who will directly benefit from your support
- Enhances and augments the scope, breadth and quality of the SUNY Cortland education and college experience
Every dollar invested in The Cortland Fund is invaluable as it ensures an excellent Cortland education for all current and future Red Dragons.
Why support The Cortland Fund?
- Every gift matters. 90 percent of donors give less that $1,000 annually. These gifts can average close to a half-million dollars each year.
- Every area is strengthened. The Cortland Fund supports all areas of Cortland, including scholarships, academics, equity and inclusion, athletics and more.
- Every Red Dragon benefits. Your gift will enhance the lives of every student and all members of the campus community and continue to ensure the value of a SUNY Cortland degree.
How will your gift help SUNY Cortland?
Although SUNY Cortland is a public institution, we receive less than 25 percent of our operating budget from the State of New York. This makes support from alumni, parents, faculty, staff and friends crucial to our commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarship, research and service to the community.
Your gifts help support:
- Student scholarships. More than 80 percent of current Cortland students require financial assistance.
- Undergraduate research. Students are given the opportunity to apply what they learn in the classroom to “real world” situations.
- Campus programs and events. Support is provided to the Campus Artist and Lecture Series (CALS), award ceremonies and various student and alumni functions.
- Faculty and Staff Development. Small grants are provided to assist with unique faculty and student projects, research and conferences.
All gifts should be made payable to the Cortland College Foundation, Inc. a not-for-profit corporation that acts as the official gift receiving agency for SUNY Cortland.
Gifts to the Cortland College Foundation, Inc. are tax deductible as allowed by law. Charitable gifts can be designed to maximize the donor’s tax status while providing support to SUNY Cortland. Interested persons should review their tax situation before the end of the calendar year.
Payment options include:
- Online - The Cortland College Foundation provides a secure online place where you can safely make your contribution by using a major credit card, PayPal, ApplePay or GooglePay.
- Checks (Download a remittance form)
- Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover)
- Electronic Fund Transfers
- Appreciated Stock
Recurring and perpetual gifts allow donors to increase the impact of their contribution. These options allow you to choose how often and how much you give and are an easy way to make a significant gift while maintaining your financial freedom.
Matching gifts are an important source of revenue for SUNY Cortland. Please contact your employer or your spouse’s employer for information about matching your gift to the Cortland College Foundation.
Cortland College Foundation, Inc.
PO Box 2000
Cortland, NY 13045
607-753-4910 or 866-OLD-MAIN (653-6246)
The Cortland College Foundation’s fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30.
You can make a difference with a gift, of any amount, to The Cortland Fund. Help us continue the tradition of providing exceptional educational experiences for our students.
Director of the Cortland Fund