Dear campus community,
With great pride, I would like to announce SUNY Cortland’s 2022 recipients of the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence as well as our newest Distinguished Professor.
These individuals have made an impact on campus through their academic success, scholarship, research or service to their field of expertise, the community or the nation.
Dr. Lynn Couturier MacDonald of the Physical Education Department has been named a Distinguished Service Professor by the SUNY Board of Trustees. This honor, the highest rank for faculty in the SUNY system, is conferred on individuals who have given sustained outstanding service to the campus, SUNY, their local community or the nation.
Receiving Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence are:
- Anne Burns Thomas, professor in the Foundations and Social Advocacy Department and program coordinator for Cortland’s Urban Recruitment of Educators, Excellence in Teaching
- AnnaMaria Cirrincione, director of Multicultural Life and Diversity, Excellence in Professional Service
- Heather Drew, administrative assistant 2 in Information Resources, Excellence in Classified Service
- Eileen Gravani, associate dean of the School of Professional Studies, Excellence in Professional Service
- Li Jin, professor in the Geology Department and coordinator of the Environmental Science Program, Excellence in Scholarship and Creative Activities
- Chris Widdall, assistant dean for assessment and accreditation in the School of Education and associate professor in the Childhood/Early Childhood Education Department, Excellence in Professional Service
- Kim Wieczorek, associate professor in the Childhood/Early Childhood Education Department, Excellence in Faculty Service
Receiving the Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence are:
- Jenna Kratz, a physical education major from Cochecton, N.Y.
- Lauren Roberts, an exercise science major from Clarence Center, N.Y.
- Melissa Safford, a community health major from Rochester, N.Y.
- Kasey Vaughan, a sport management major from Fayetteville, N.Y.
Congratulations to all our 2022 award winners. Please join me in celebrating the talents, passion and dedication of the following individuals. SUNY Cortland is fortunate to have them.
All the best,
Erik J. Bitterbaum