Dual Major in Adolescence Education: Social Studies and Geography (7-12)
Combine your love of social studies with geography and share this knowledge with adolescents as a social studies teacher. With additional courses in professional teacher preparation, this dual degree will prepare you to qualify for certification to teach grades 7-12.
- Middle school and high school social studies teacher
- Professional schools such as law or social work
- Government and non-profit agencies and organizations
What Will I Learn?
Your course work will include:
- Political and cultural geography
- Human geography and global development
- Physical geography
- Student teaching
- High-tech training in a friendly, supportive environment
- Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) authorized learning center with 25 GIS workstations
- Global Positioning System (GPS) – master field survey techniques using the lab GPS base station and handheld units.
- Student-faculty research opportunities
College is more than a classroom. Enhance your experience with extracurricular opportunities. The Student Government Association (SGA) offers a wide variety of clubs for nearly every interest, or start your own club based on your interests.