Miller Building Forms Page

Popular Right Now

  1. Schedule Change Form
  2. Address, Name or Personal Data Change
  3. Student Information Release Form
  4. Graduate Student Reactivation Form
  5. Undergraduate Change of Major, Minor or Concentration

All Students

  • Address, Name or Personal Data Change (Address/Name/Gender)
    Allows students to change their address and/or name. All changes to a student's permanent address must be submitted in writing. Mail or fax the signed form to the Registrar's Office at the address/fax number located on the top of the form. If your local address needs to be changed, you may do so via myRedDragon.
  • Certification of Professional Education Release and Request
    Required for students completing a form for licensure or certification with the New York State Education Department and Division of Licensing Services.
  • Credit Overload Petition
    Use this form to request permission to enroll in more than 18 credit hours for an undergraduate; and 14 credit hours for a graduate student.
  • Directory Exclusion Request
    Any student who wishes his/her directory information to be unlisted must submit a written request to the Registrar. Current students will complete and submit this form advisably within 14 days from the start of classes for Directory Information to be excluded. 
  • Leave of Absence Request (Non-Medical)
    Used to file a Leave of Absence from SUNY Cortland. A student applying for a Leave of Absence must give a definite semester of return for re-registering at SUNY Cortland and must re-register within one academic year from the date of the leave.
  • Medical Leave of Absence
    All students requesting a medical leave of absence or a medical withdrawal for documented medical reasons will have their paperwork processed through the Student Health Service. Leave must be approved by the Student Health Service director. Students requesting a medical leave of absence or a medical withdrawal for psychological reasons will have their paperwork processed through the Counseling Center. This process must be approved by the director of counseling.
  • Petition to Audit
    In many courses, you may have the opportunity to audit the class, provided that space is available and instructor permission is granted. Auditing a course means you enroll in the class and attend it, but you forego receiving a grade or earning credit.
  • Schedule Change (Includes Alternate Registration)
    Students will use this form to make schedule changes when the web is not available, or when an exceptional approval/action is required (e.g.:changes to be approved by the Associate Dean during non-registration periods). This form shall not be accepted for course withdrawals.
  • Student Information Release Form (FERPA Release)
    This form is completed when a student would like to authorize SUNY Cortland to release information to a third party. This includes releasing data to lenders, insurers, scholarship committees and when requesting a letter of reference.
  • TEACH Authorization
    This form is used to give the College permission to share your personal information with The New York State Education Department so that we may recommend you for teacher certification. This is not a certification application. You will need to apply on line for certification through the New York State Education TEACH system
  • Time Conflict Petition
    Students are not able to enroll simultaneously in classes meeting during the same time period. Students may petition the Associate Dean for approval to register for courses that have a time conflict. If approval is given you must register for the course through the Registrar’s Office.
  • Transcript Request
    Used to order an official SUNY Cortland college transcript from the Registrar's Office.
  • Withdrawal From College
    Allows a student to withdraw from SUNY Cortland. Appropriate signatures must be obtained from the Associate Dean of your school before submitting this form for approval.
  • Withdrawal From Course
    Used to withdraw from a course. Please note that the deadline for withdrawing for full-term courses is November 15 in the Fall and April 15 in the Spring. Please see the Academic Calendar page for quarter deadlines, and the Summer and Winter Session pages for deadlines. Appropriate signatures must be obtained before submitting this form for approval.

Undergraduate Students

Graduate Students

  • Application for Candidacy for the Master's Degree
    This form is to be completed when required by a graduate program.  Please consult your dpertment policies for more information.  This form is for department and school use only, and will not be included in the official record in the Registrar's Office.
  • Culminating Activity, Thesis or Project Title Registration
    Upon successful completion of culminating activity, the committee chair, program director or graduate coordinator may submit this form to the Registrar’s Office to register the title on the academic transcript and record. 
  • Graduate Reactivation Form
    Graduate students who did not take a leave of absence, did not enroll in a continuing enrollment or did not register in a culminating activity course must complete this form and pay the reactivation/readmission fee if they have been away from the College for more than one major term (fall or spring).
  • Request for Acceptance of Graduate Transfer Credit (Advisement and Transition)
    This form is to be completed by accepted graduate students, after six credit hours have been taken at SUNY Cortland and candidacy is established (if required). NO more than six credit hours may be transferred from another institution.
  • Request for Change of Graduate Status
    This form is to be used only if you have previously received an acceptance letter for a degree program and are now changing programs within the department or changing a concentration within the program to which you were admitted.


  • Change of Student Catalog Term
    Used by the Department Chair and Associate Dean to request a change in catalog term for a declared major or program.

  • Co-Instructor Authorization
    Department chairs and instructors will use this form to authorize multiple instructors for a course. This will grant access to the course in Blackboard, in addition to listing the instructor as a co-instructor on the official schedule.

  • Course Creation Form
    Department chairs and deans will use this form to authorize the creation of a new course during course building processes. This form is also used for independent study courses.

  • Course Substitution/Exception Form (Degree Works, For Students)
    Used by advisors and deans to approve a course substitution on the degree audit (CAPP or Degree Works).

  • Request for an Alternate Exam Time
    An instructor uses this process to request an alternate final exam time, or to request an alternate location for an exam.

Faculty and Staff: Security and Access