Miller Building Forms Page

The following forms and documents are available online for your convenience. The forms are in PDF format, requiring the current versions of Adobe's Acrobat Reader. For information on downloading Adobe Acrobat Reader please go to the Adobe Acrobat Reader site.

All Students

  • Alternate Registration Form: Instructions and information related to alternate registration. 
  • Personal Data Change (Change of Address, Change of Name/Gender): Allows students to change their address and/or name. All changes to a student's permanent address must be submitted in writing. Mail or fax the signed form to the Registrar's Office at the address/fax number located on the top of the form. If your local address needs to be changed, you may do so via myRedDragon.
  • Directory Exclusion Request: Any student who wishes his/her directory information to be unlisted must submit a written request to the Registrar. Current students will complete and submit this form advisably within 14 days from the start of classes for Directory Information to be excluded. 
  • Change of Schedule Petition: This form is for schedule changes to be approved by the Associate Dean during non-registration periods. You should use this form only when directed to do so by your Associate Dean, the Registrar's Office or an advisor.
  • Course Registration Grid: This downloadable document can be used to help plan and map out a semester course schedule.
  • Credit Overload PetitionUse this form to request permission to enroll in more than 18 credit hours for an undergraduate; and 14 credit hours for a graduate student.
  • Late Degree Candidacy Petition: Use this form to petition for degree conferral if you missed the posted deadlines.
  • Leave of Absence Request (Undergraduate & Graduate Students): Used to file a Leave of Absence from SUNY Cortland. A student applying for a Leave of Absence must give a definite semester of return for re-registering at SUNY Cortland and must re-register within one academic year from the date of the leave.
  • Permission to Audit: In many courses, you may have the opportunity to audit the class, provided that space is available and instructor permission is granted. Auditing a course means you enroll in the class and attend it, but you forego receiving a grade or earning credit.
  • Request to Change Degree or Diploma Information: Use this form when your commencement date must be changed to accommodate requirement completion, if you need to change your diploma address, or you need to submit a different diploma name.  Consult your advisor or coordinator before using this form to change your conferral date.
  • Student Information Release Form (FERPA Release): This form is completed when a student would like to authorize SUNY Cortland to release information to a third party. This includes releasing data to lenders, insurers, scholarship committees and when requesting a letter of reference.
  • TEACH Authorization: This form is used to give the College permission to share your personal information with The New York State Education Department so that we may recommend you for teacher certification. This is not a certification application. You will need to apply on line for certification through the New York State Education TEACH system
  • Time Conflict Petition: Students are not able to enroll simultaneously in classes meeting during the same time period. Students may petition the Associate Dean for approval to register for courses that have a time conflict. If approval is given you must register for the course through the Registrar’s Office.
  • Transcript Request: Used to order an official SUNY Cortland college transcript from the Registrar's Office.
  • Withdrawal From College: Allows a student to withdraw from SUNY Cortland. Appropriate signatures must be obtained from the Associate Dean of your school before submitting this form for approval.
  • Withdrawal From a Course: Used to withdraw from a course. Please note that the deadline for withdrawing for full-term courses is November 15 in the Fall and April 15 in the Spring. Please see the Academic Calendar page for quarter deadlines, and the Summer and Winter Session pages for deadlines. Appropriate signatures must be obtained before submitting this form for approval.
  • Workshop (CAR, SAVE, DASA) Registration Form: Used to register for a workshop outside of the normal registration window. During the pre-registration and drop/add periods, students will use myRedDragon to register. Visiting students and alumni are required to obtain permission from the Field Experience and School Partnerships office prior to registering.

Undergraduate Students

Graduate Students

Faculty & Staff

  • Change of Catalog Term: Used by the Department Chair and Associate Dean to request a change in catalog term for a declared major or program.

  • Co-Instructor Authorization: Department chairs and instructors will use this form to authorize multiple instructors for a course. This will grant access to the course in Blackboard, in addition to listing the instructor as a co-instructor on the official schedule.

  • Course Creation Form: Department chairs and deans will use this form to authorize the creation of a new course during course building processes. This form is also used for independent study courses.

  • Course Substitution/Exception Form: Used by advisors and deans to approve a course substitution on the degree audit (CAPP or Degree Works).

  • Request for Alternate Exam Time: An instructor uses this process to request an alternate final exam time, or to request an alternate location for an exam.

Employees: Security and Access