Gear up for the ride of a lifetime with a major in musical theatre. You’ll work alongside the finest teachers and extremely creative students to develop a strong foundation in theatre, music, dance and technical theatre, resulting in thorough professional training for your dream career. Taking classes in some of the most noteworthy facilities on campus will enhance your study.
- Theatre technician
- Acting Coach/Dance Instructor/Voice Teacher
What Will I Learn?
- Gain comprehensive training in musical theatre while maintaining a firm grounding in the liberal arts.
- Become flexible and versatile and participate in musical theatre on a number of levels.
- You will leave the program with the knowledge and confidence to participate in educational, professional or semiprofessional productions with competence and skill.
- Musical Theatre is the only major the Performing Arts department offers. As a niche program, our curriculum is tailored to contemporary training standards in the three vital areas of acting, singing and dancing.
- Facilities include a 386 seat theatre, lab theatre, practice rooms, choral and instrumental rehearsal halls, a dance studio, and a student lounge/green room.
- Production of a main-stage musical each semester.
- Senior Showcase in Cortland and New York City
College is more than a classroom. Enhance your experience with extracurricular opportunities:
- Choral Union
- The College Singers
- College-Community Orchestra