Gear up for the ride of a lifetime with a major in musical theatre. You’ll work alongside the finest teachers and extremely creative students to develop a strong foundation in music, theatre, dance and technical theatre, resulting in thorough professional training for your dream career. Taking classes in some of the most noteworthy facilities on campus will enhance your study.
- Theatre technician
- Voice teacher
What Will I Learn?
- Gain comprehensive training in musical theatre while maintaining a firm grounding in the liberal arts.
- Become flexible and versatile and participate in musical theatre on a number of levels.
- You will leave the program with the knowledge and confidence to participate in educational, professional or semiprofessional productions with competence and skill.
- Facilities include a 400+ seat theatre, recital hall, lab theatre, practice rooms, choral and instrumental rehearsal halls and a dance studio.
- The department provides instruments to participants in ensembles.
- Music and listening library
- Production of a main-stage musical each semester
College is more than a classroom. Enhance your experience with extracurricular opportunities:
Want to belt out a song like Beyoncé, act out a scene like Tom Hanks or direct a play like Harold Prince? Join us by participating in main stage productions, senior voice recitals, singing/dancing in cabarets on and off campus, participating in student-directed productions and workshops, or joining a student ensemble group.
- Choral Ensembles
- Choral Union
- The College Singers
- Instrumental Ensembles
- College-Community Orchestra
- Wind Ensemble