Musical Theatre Program Auditions
There is only one more chance to audition for the Musical Theatre Major for admission in Fall 2019:
April 13, 2019 on the SUNY Cortland Campus
Only 4 audition slots remaining. Book your audition asap if interested in Fall 2019 Admission
To schedule your audition, please contact Dr. Deena Conley in the Performing Arts Department at email@example.com, or call 607-753-2811.
It is recommended that you submit an application for general admission to the College before scheduling an audition. Visit Cortland.edu/apply to learn more.
You should not wait to receive an acceptance letter from the College before scheduling your audition.*
For your audition:
- Candidates should prepare two 16 bar (approximate) contrasting song selections from the musical theatre genre. Song selection requirements: one up-tempo, one ballad; one pre-1960, one post-1960; no pop, rock, rap, or country. Students must provide sheet music in the correct key. An accompanist will be provided.
- Candidates should prepare a brief, one-minute contemporary monologue. Monologue requirements: Cannot be from a musical or performed with a dialect.
- Candidates should be prepared to learn a brief dance combination at the audition. Students with extensive dance training may also prepare a short, one-minute combination to present.
Applicants who auditioned in January & February will be notified regarding acceptance to the college and musical theatre major by the Admissions Office. You must apply for general admission to the College in order to be considered for the Musical Theatre major. Visit Cortland.edu/apply to learn more.
Theatre Production Auditions
- Auditions for all productions are open to students in all majors.
- All shows have been cast for the 2018-2019 season. Thank you to those who auditioned!