With a major in musical theatre and minors in music and theatre, our Performing Arts Department provides a foundation in music, theatre, dance and technical theatre, resulting in thorough professional training for a career in this exciting field.
You’ll work with the finest teachers of voice, acting, dance, theatre history, music history and theory, and gain a liberal arts education at the same time.
In addition, you’ll have opportunities to perform in main-stage musicals, student-directed one-act plays and choral and instrumental ensembles. A 477-seat theatre, a recital hall, a lab theatre, a dance studio and practice and rehearsal rooms will support your study.
Whether you pursue a career as a performer, work behind the scenes or become a teacher, your experience at SUNY Cortland will serve you in a variety of career options.
- Performing Arts Department to Present ‘Candide’ April 01, 2014
- Cast Announced for April Production of ‘Candide’ March 19, 2014
- ‘Brigadoon’ Production Rescheduled for Fall February 21, 2014
- Musical Theatre Talent Sings for Nicaragua February 19, 2014
- Performing Artists to Stage ‘The Crucible’ February 18, 2014