With a major in musical theatre and minors in music and theatre, our Performing Arts Department provides a foundation in music, theatre, dance and technical theatre, resulting in thorough professional training for a career in this exciting field.
You’ll work with the finest teachers of voice, acting, dance, theatre history, music history and theory, and gain a liberal arts education at the same time.
In addition, you’ll have opportunities to perform in main-stage musicals, classic and contemporary plays,student-directed one-act plays , workshops and readings of new musicals, and choral and instrumental ensembles. A 477-seat theatre, a recital hall, a lab theatre, a dance studio and practice and rehearsal rooms will support your study.
Whether you pursue a career as a performer, work behind the scenes or become a teacher, your experience at SUNY Cortland will serve you in a variety of career options.
THIS WEEKLEGALLY BLONDE OPENS FRIDAY APRIL 10, The high energy Musical Comedy Legally Blonde takes the Dowd Stage Join us at 8pm April 10,11,17,18 and at 2pm on April 12 and 19 for a fun filled evening of high energy singing and dancing. Tickets available at our new ONLINE Box Office www.cortland.edu/boxoffice or at the door for more info call 607-753-2831
- New York Actor to Discuss Gay Culture April 23, 2015
- Rapper Big Sean Headlines Spring Fling April 23, 2015
- Lights, Cameras, 2015 Senior Send-off! April 21, 2015
- Students to Pledge Against Sex Assault April 21, 2015
- Town-gown Project to Cut Ribbon on ‘Cemetrail’ April 21, 2015
- Phi Kappa Phi Names 2015 Academic Standouts April 21, 2015
- Local Arts Council to House Spring Edition of Speak April 21, 2015
- Students Step Up as ‘Big Event’ Nears April 21, 2015
- Outdoor Art Display Questions Capitalism April 21, 2015
- Cortland Football to Host Bone Marrow Testing Drive May 2 April 21, 2015
- WSUC to Host Concert April 17, 2015
- Grad Shares TV Spotlight with Student April 16, 2015
- Honorary Degrees Recognize Two Former Campus Scholars April 15, 2015
- ‘New Social Darwinism’ is Topic April 23 April 14, 2015
- Honors Convocation Set for April 18 April 07, 2015