With a major in musical theatre and minors in music and theatre, our Performing Arts Department provides a foundation in music, theatre, dance and technical theatre, resulting in thorough professional training for a career in this exciting field.
You’ll work with the finest teachers of voice, acting, dance, theatre history, music history and theory, and gain a liberal arts education at the same time.
In addition, you’ll have opportunities to perform in main-stage musicals, student-directed one-act plays and choral and instrumental ensembles. A 477-seat theatre, a recital hall, a lab theatre, a dance studio and practice and rehearsal rooms will support your study.
Whether you pursue a career as a performer, work behind the scenes or become a teacher, your experience at SUNY Cortland will serve you in a variety of career options.
- Ribbon Fundraiser Promotes AIDS Awareness November 24, 2014
- College Boosts CROP Hunger Walk Success November 21, 2014
- Video Connects Exercise Scientists to Olympics November 20, 2014
- Theta Phi Nears 50-Year Adirondack Tradition November 19, 2014
- Raffle Offers Shot at Football’s Biggest Game November 18, 2014
- Diplomat of Romania will Discuss Experiences November 18, 2014
- Student Club Added: Cortland Ice Girls November 18, 2014
- Local Bagel Business Booms for Young Grad November 18, 2014
- Handel’s ‘Messiah’ Concerts Set for Dec. 5 and 7 November 18, 2014
- ‘The Third Man’ Continues 'Rubble' Film Series November 17, 2014
- Chancellor Launches Education Innovation Center at Cortland November 14, 2014
- Advocate for Colombians Speaks Nov. 19 November 14, 2014
- College Singers to Offer 'Night Life' Music November 14, 2014
- College Boasts Pair of Cortaca Victories November 13, 2014
- School Districts Covet Alum’s Training November 12, 2014