With a major in musical theatre and minors in music and theatre, our Performing Arts Department provides a foundation in music, theatre, dance and technical theatre, resulting in thorough professional training for a career in this exciting field.
You’ll work with the finest teachers of voice, acting, dance, theatre history, music history and theory, and gain a liberal arts education at the same time.
In addition, you’ll have opportunities to perform in main-stage musicals, student-directed one-act plays and choral and instrumental ensembles. A 477-seat theatre, a recital hall, a lab theatre, a dance studio and practice and rehearsal rooms will support your study.
Whether you pursue a career as a performer, work behind the scenes or become a teacher, your experience at SUNY Cortland will serve you in a variety of career options.
- College to Go Red for Colors Day August 27, 2014
- College and Firm Partner on New Technologies August 26, 2014
- Bias on Campus Roundtable Planned August 26, 2014
- Fall ‘Wellness’ Series Begins Aug. 27 August 26, 2014
- Speech, Hearing Center Expands Outreach August 26, 2014
- President’s Opening Talk Underlines Success August 26, 2014
- College to Recognize Constitution Day August 26, 2014
- New Show Inaugurates Renovated Dowd Gallery August 26, 2014
- SUNYAC Honors Student-Athletes for Academics August 26, 2014
- Interim Assistant Directors of Athletics Named August 26, 2014
- Study Abroad Fair Set for Oct. 1 in Corey Union August 19, 2014
- Tai Chi Master Plans Demonstration, Workshop August 19, 2014
- Brother Stays True to Kappa Until the End August 15, 2014
- Feel the Pulse of Red Dragon Pride at the State Fair August 15, 2014
- Share Your Good News, Class Notes Submissions Online August 15, 2014