With a major in musical theatre and minors in music and theatre, our Performing Arts Department provides a foundation in music, theatre, dance and technical theatre, resulting in thorough professional training for a career in this exciting field.
You’ll work with the finest teachers of voice, acting, dance, theatre history, music history and theory, and gain a liberal arts education at the same time.
In addition, you’ll have opportunities to perform in main-stage musicals, student-directed one-act plays and choral and instrumental ensembles. A 477-seat theatre, a recital hall, a lab theatre, a dance studio and practice and rehearsal rooms will support your study.
Whether you pursue a career as a performer, work behind the scenes or become a teacher, your experience at SUNY Cortland will serve you in a variety of career options.
- Choral Union to Perform Advent Music November 19, 2013
- ‘A Christmas Carol - The Musical’ Opens Nov. 22 November 14, 2013
- College Singers Perform ‘Wicked’ Songs on Nov. 10 November 05, 2013
- College-Community Orchestra Plays Nov. 19 November 05, 2013
- SUNY Cortland Seniors to Produce 'Rocky Horror' October 08, 2013