If you can see yourself as a Web site developer, TV news director, journalist, special effects technician in the film industry or a public relations or advertising executive, then a major in communication studies is in your future.
The Communication Studies Department offers degrees in both communication studies and new communication media that are supported by professional-level production facilities. These majors allow you to tailor your program of study to meet personal learning and employment objectives.
Courses in both majors are supplemented by work with the student-run newspaper, radio station or other campus media, an extensive internship program and a highly developed study abroad program.
At SUNY Cortland, you’ll gain experience leading to a successful career and have the opportunity to further your education through graduate studies or professional training.
- WSUC to Host Concert April 17, 2015
- Grad Shares TV Spotlight with Student April 16, 2015
- Honorary Degrees Recognize Two Former Campus Scholars April 15, 2015
- ‘New Social Darwinism’ is Topic April 23 April 14, 2015
- Honors Convocation Set for April 18 April 07, 2015
- Campus Plans HeartChase Event April 18 April 07, 2015
- Students Plan ‘Celebrate Sound’ 5K Run/walk April 07, 2015
- Musical ‘Legally Blonde’ Opens April 10 April 07, 2015
- Awareness Campaign Attacks Sexual Assault April 07, 2015
- Red Dragons Capture Pair of National Crowns April 07, 2015
- Course Promotes Innovative Approaches for Community Needs April 07, 2015
- Transformations Set for April 17 April 07, 2015
- Poet to Discuss Disability and Aesthetics April 07, 2015
- Annual Admissions Open House Set for April 11 April 07, 2015
- Div. III Week Celebrates All Abilities April 06, 2015