Communication and Media Studies Department
New Communication Media
Looking to work in media production related industries? With this major you’ll learn to develop digital content as you study art, geography, sports information and computer applications. After you graduate, you’ll have the skills to pursue a career in expanding sectors of contemporary broadcast, audio, video, multimedia, gaming and related industries.
- Digital video and audio production
- Digital post-production
- Interactive media authoring
- Special effects production
- 3D animation
- Internet site development
What Will I Learn?
- Emphasis on critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Core courses providing a strong foundation in media content creation
- Design a program of study that best meets your personal learning objectives and career goals
- You’ll gain experience leading to a successful career or further your education through graduate studies or professional training.
- Immerse yourself in one or more internships either on campus, in the Cortland community or in neighboring cities such as Ithaca or Syracuse.
“Being that communications is such a broad field, having an internship has helped me narrow in on the career path that I hope to pursue.”
–Angela DiGrazia, senior
Write for the newspaper or magazine, host your own radio show, produce TV programs or work on the opinion-based magazine.