Student Government Association
The Student Government Association acts as the voice of the student body here at SUNY Cortland. Its dedicated staff and elected officers act as liaisons to the administration in order to address student concerns. The SGA Executive Board consists of nine students; three of which are elected by the student body in late April and the remaining six who are appointed by the elected officers in early fall. The SGA Executive Board utilizes the Student Senate to solicit campus issues. The primary duty of these student leaders is to persistently work on improving the SUNY Cortland campus.
SGA funding comes from the Mandatory Activity Fee (MAF). Each student pays the MAF, which is $95 every semester. This allows Student Government to fund over 60 clubs and organizations which exist to educate and create programming to enhance the campus community. Every year the SGA Executive Board sponsors two events that are open to all students, faculty, staff and community members. These events are Winter Formal, and Festivus. Winter formal is an event where students have the opportunity to get all dressed up and enjoy a wonderful night of entertainment. Festivus is an event where the clubs and organizations give back to the campus community and sponsor a day full of games and activities for children around the area. For more information please stop by the SGA office or send us an email at email@example.com .
- To work effectively as a group in decision making and problem solving.
- To continue and improve Winter Formal and Festivus.
- To strengthen relationships with other offices and departments on campus.
- To get help get people more involved in student government and the campus community as a whole.
- To increase programming to make ourselves more visible.
- To increase community involvement.
- To research other Student Governments to help us to continue to evolve.
President: LeighMarie Weber
Vice President: Erin Durgin
Treasurer: Josh Figura
Vice Treasurer: Taheerah Usher
Executive Assistant to the President: Natalie Finkle
Executive Assistant to the Vice President: Rashad Williams
Public Relations: Khalia Brown
Parliamentarian: Michael Doris
Secretary: Sarah Wood
SGA Office Manager: Melissa Root