Alternate Registration Process
Paper/alternate registration is provided to accommodate certain transactions that cannot be completed in myRedDragon. Please review the registration calendar to determine when the form is accepted. This form is provided for:
- Registration for visiting students (non-matriculated) who are registering where web registration is closed, but the drop/add period is still open.
- Registration for all students who are registering in summer and winter session where web registration is closed but the drop/add period is still open.
- Specialized registration to accommodate extended learning courses, "College in the High Schools" courses, and Reading Recovery programs.
- Exceptional registration transactions with Associate Dean approval.
You are invited to come to the office to work with a trained staff member to complete your registration. When registering in person, you will be able to complete the entire process at once. When faxing or mailing, please be sure your request will arrive at least 24 hours before any applicable deadlines.
- Find your course using the online course schedule.
Find courses using the searchable online schedule. You will need the CRN (course reference number) and the course subject, number and section to register. Please review all course details and requirements carefully.
- Complete the Visiting Student Information Form (if you are a visiting / non-matriculated student).
Students will complete this form prior to submitting the registration form. Students must have an active record and a Cortland ID number to register.
- Obtain permission or receive pre-requisite verification before submitting the Alternate Registration / Schedule Change Form.
You must obtain all permissions and fulfill all obligations for course entry (including fulfilling pre-requisites) before submitting this request. If you do not have the required permissions in place, you cannot be registered.
- Complete the Alternate Registration / Schedule Change Form and provide payment.
Contact Student Accounts for payment details if required. If your payment method is invalid or declined by student accounts you will be de-registered, and will be required to resubmit your request with valid payment. Students who cannot provide payment on the form may pay by establishing payment arrangements with Student Accounts and/or Financial Aid when on campus.
- Students applying for/receiving financial aid are still required to submit payment information when faxing or mailing the alternate registration form. If sufficient aid is in place and finalized your payment method will not be charged. Please consult the Financial Aid office for information regarding your aid package, and to be certain you have completed all of the needed steps for accepting and finalizing your aid package.
- Students with billing questions are strongly urged to contact Student Accounts in advance to be sure they understand liability and cost. You should resolve your payment inquiries and questions with Student Accounts prior to submitting the form.
- The Registrar's office will not accept forms where restrictions, limits, notes regarding payment methods, or payment / cost inquiries are included on the form or when payment is not included.
- The Registrar's Office will contact you via email.
We will send you an email confirming your registration, and (if required) we will also include your Cortland ID and system login information. If you do not receive a confirmation, you should follow up with the office to confirm your form was received.
Student Requirements & Obligations
According to NYS law and SUNY policy, students must also review and complete the following. Failure to complete requirements can result in administrative holds on your account and/or the removal of courses.
- Code of Student Conduct Review and Affirmation
SUNY policy requires that all SUNY Cortland students review and agree to abide by the Code of Student Conduct and other related policies when they enroll at the College. Visit the Student Conduct Office page for advanced details, and to review the complete Code of Student Conduct. When completing the registration form, you will be asked to affirm the code of conduct.
- Submit Any Required Immunization and Health Forms
Students are required to complete immunization requirements when attending classes on campus. Please visit the Student Health Service site for information concerning immunization and health history requirements.
Form and Document Delivery
Email is not a secure medium for transmitting private data or credit card information. You may not email the forms below. Only faxed or mailed forms (USPS or FedEx) are accepted in accord with PCI DSS and regulatory standards.
Required Forms and Information
Alternate Registration forms must include payment. Incomplete forms will be returned without processing.
You must calculate and provide the tuition and fee amount on the form. Please contact Student Accounts if you have tuition or fee inquiries.