Welcome to the Mathematics Department at SUNY Cortland, home to nearly 300 undergraduate and 45 graduate majors.
Studying mathematics is a challenging yet very rewarding endeavor. Whether you choose to study mathematics to become a high school teacher or to prepare for an advanced degree in mathematics, we are ready to help you achieve your goal.
As a mathematics major you will learn to think critically, reason logically, and solve problems. These are skills that many employers find highly desirable, but it is not all about jobs and money. Doing mathematics is a natural human activity practiced by many cultures for thousands of years. Our primary aim is to give you a solid foundation in mathematics that will help you appreciate its power, beauty and usefulness.
- Monday Marks Super Bowl Raffle Deadline December 19, 2014
- College Again Wins Civic Engagement Distinction December 15, 2014
- Jets Camp Brings $4.6 Million to County December 09, 2014
- Pamela Schroeder Honored for Service December 05, 2014
- The Bistro Off Broadway to Open on Jan. 23 December 02, 2014
- College Plans Spring Semester Construction December 02, 2014
- ‘The Nutcracker Ballet’ Returns to Dowd Theater December 02, 2014
- Student Life Center Construction Resumes December 02, 2014
- Ribbon Fundraiser Promotes AIDS Awareness November 24, 2014
- College Boosts CROP Hunger Walk Success November 21, 2014
- Video Connects Exercise Scientists to Olympics November 20, 2014
- Theta Phi Nears 50-Year Adirondack Tradition November 19, 2014
- Raffle Offers Super-Sized Stocking Stuffer November 18, 2014
- Diplomat of Romania will Discuss Experiences November 18, 2014
- Student Club Added: Cortland Ice Girls November 18, 2014