Welcome to the Mathematics Department at SUNY Cortland, home to nearly 300 undergraduate and 45 graduate majors.
Studying mathematics is a challenging yet very rewarding endeavor. Whether you choose to study mathematics to become a high school teacher or to prepare for an advanced degree in mathematics, we are ready to help you achieve your goal.
As a mathematics major you will learn to think critically, reason logically, and solve problems. These are skills that many employers find highly desirable, but it is not all about jobs and money. Doing mathematics is a natural human activity practiced by many cultures for thousands of years. Our primary aim is to give you a solid foundation in mathematics that will help you appreciate its power, beauty and usefulness.
- WSUC to Host Concert April 17, 2015
- Grad Shares TV Spotlight with Student April 16, 2015
- Honorary Degrees Recognize Two Former Campus Scholars April 15, 2015
- ‘New Social Darwinism’ is Topic April 23 April 14, 2015
- Honors Convocation Set for April 18 April 07, 2015
- Campus Plans HeartChase Event April 18 April 07, 2015
- Students Plan ‘Celebrate Sound’ 5K Run/walk April 07, 2015
- Musical ‘Legally Blonde’ Opens April 10 April 07, 2015
- Awareness Campaign Attacks Sexual Assault April 07, 2015
- Red Dragons Capture Pair of National Crowns April 07, 2015
- Course Promotes Innovative Approaches for Community Needs April 07, 2015
- Transformations Set for April 17 April 07, 2015
- Poet to Discuss Disability and Aesthetics April 07, 2015
- Annual Admissions Open House Set for April 11 April 07, 2015
- Div. III Week Celebrates All Abilities April 06, 2015