Welcome to the Mathematics Department at SUNY Cortland, home to nearly 300 undergraduate and 45 graduate majors.
Studying mathematics is a challenging yet very rewarding endeavor. Whether you choose to study mathematics to become a high school teacher or to prepare for an advanced degree in mathematics, we are ready to help you achieve your goal.
As a mathematics major you will learn to think critically, reason logically, and solve problems. These are skills that many employers find highly desirable, but it is not all about jobs and money. Doing mathematics is a natural human activity practiced by many cultures for thousands of years. Our primary aim is to give you a solid foundation in mathematics that will help you appreciate its power, beauty and usefulness.
- Nominations Sought for Civic Engagement Awards March 02, 2015
- College Lands Big Sean for Spring Fling February 25, 2015
- Sports Info Director Earns National Honors February 24, 2015
- ‘Topographies’ Explores Landscape Through Art February 24, 2015
- College to Launch Student Opinion Survey February 24, 2015
- Professor to Discuss Giant Tortoise Conservation February 24, 2015
- SUNY Cortland to Honor Peter DiNardo ’68 February 24, 2015
- ‘R/Evolution’ Series Continues during March February 24, 2015
- Research Lab Named in Professor’s Memory February 24, 2015
- ‘A Solar Home Companion’ Coming Feb. 28 February 24, 2015
- Development Sociologist to Discuss Farming February 24, 2015
- Ignite Challenge Invites Young Graduates February 24, 2015
- Hanson Place Men’s Chorale to Sing March 7 February 24, 2015
- Voice for Justice System Reform to Speak February 24, 2015
- Professor Plays Key Role in Historic Athletics Decision February 24, 2015