The Cortland Fund encourages participation through annual gifts from alumni, parents, faculty, staff, students and friends of the College in order to provide exceptional educational experiences for SUNY Cortland students.
Through education and stewardship, donors gain an understanding of how a contribution to The Cortland Fund results in an extraordinary education for future generations.
Your gift to The Cortland Fund can help ensure that the College will continue to provide a world class education at an affordable price.
What is The Cortland Fund?
- Convenient one-stop method for making a financial gift targeted for SUNY Cortland’s educational programs
- Allows donors to help the College address its most important educational needs
- Puts philanthropic dollars into the hands of students and faculty who will directly benefit from your support
- Enhances and augments the scope, breadth and quality of the SUNY Cortland education experience
Every dollar invested in The Cortland Fund is invaluable as it ensures an excellent Cortland education.
How Your Gifts Help SUNY Cortland
Although SUNY Cortland is a public institution, it receives less than 25 percent of its operating budget from the State of New York. This makes support from alumni, parents, faculty, staff and friends crucial to our commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarship, research and service to the community.
Your gifts help support:
- The top priority of The Cortland Fund is to provide student scholarships
- More than 80 percent of current Cortland students require financial assistance
- Students are given the opportunity to apply what they learn in the classroom to “real world” situations
- Participation in research projects such as Millimeter Observations of Nearby Pre-stellar Cores in the Perseus Molecular Cloud Complex, Spectrometric Analysis of Cyanide Processing by the Larvae of the Fall Webworm Hyphantria cunea, The Eat Well, Play Hard/Health Heart Menu Assessment Project, and Effects of Plyometrics on Lateral Force Development make students more confident and competitive in the job market
Arts and Cultural Programming
- Exhibitions, musical performances, plays and creative works by students and faculty
- Campus Artist and Lecture Series (CALS) – charged with enriching the cultural life of the College. Recent and future programs include Gregory Douglass’ passionate portrayal of contemporary folk, pop and rock; Jackie, Vi and Lena, continues the story of the Civil Rights Movement with dynamic portraits of Jackie Robinson, Viola Liuzzo and Lena Horne; Woods Tea Company, one of America’s favorite folk groups; and “My Soul Is A Witness” an acclaimed chronicle of the Civil Rights Movement
- Small Grant Program-promotes flexibility and creativity by providing funding for unique faculty and student projects
- Research and Travel Grant Program-provides funding for faculty to engage in research or to present at a conference
- Allows faculty to stay current and up-to-date on the latest trends by providing funds to attend workshops, seminars and developing research projects
All gifts should be made payable to the Cortland College Foundation, Inc. a not-for-profit corporation that acts as the official gift receiving agency for SUNY Cortland.
Gifts to the Cortland College Foundation, Inc. are tax deductible. Charitable gifts can be designed to maximize the donor’s tax status while providing support to SUNY Cortland. Interested persons should review their tax situation before the end of the calendar year.
Payment options include:
- Checks (Download a remittance form)
- Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover)
- Electronic Fund Transfers
- Appreciated Stock
The Cortland College Foundation provides a secure online place where you can safely make your contribution by using a major credit card
Matching gifts are an important source of revenue for SUNY Cortland. Please contact your employer or your spouse’s employer for information about matching your gift to the Cortland College Foundation.
Cortland College Foundation, Inc.
PO Box 2000
Cortland, NY 13045
607-753-5744 or 866-OLD-MAIN (653-6246)
The Cortland College Foundation’s fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30.
You can make a difference with a gift, of any amount, to The Cortland Fund. Help us continue the tradition of providing exceptional educational experiences for our students.
Jason M. Pomeroy
Director of the Cortland Fund
Assistant Director or the Cortland Fund