SUNY Cortland is pleased to host recruiters seeking graduates for full-time employment and summer jobs or internship placements. Prime recruiting time is September to November for fall semester and February through April for spring semester. Call 607-753-4715 for more information about on-campus recruiting opportunities.
Career Services will contact academic departments, students, and initiate publicity to encourage the largest number of candidates to sign-up for recruiting schedules. Recruiters are asked to remember that students class schedules and commitments make schedule changes very difficult.
Additionally, if your organization has any recruitment events you would like our students to be aware of, you may email the information directly to email@example.com and we will post the opportunity on our online calendar, on our website, and/or on bulletin boards.
SUNY Cortland Employer/Recruitment Policies
The SUNY Cortland Career Services Office is committed to developing a successful recruitment experience for all parties involved. Career Services is a member of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) and adheres to guidelines set forth in its Principles of Professional Conduct. As such, all recruiters and employers must agree to the following policies:
- Employers must comply with all federal, NY State and local government Equal Employment Opportunity laws and must not discriminate against any person because of race, sex, color, creed, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era.
- Organizations must accurately describe the responsibilities and requirements for the opportunities it offers in all publicity, including information sessions and receptions.
- All conditions for advertised positions, including any pre-employment fees or costs, must be clearly publicized in the position description. This includes, but is not limited to, unpaid internships, commission based positions and positions offered by third party recruiters.
- It is strongly preferred that organizations pay interns for work performed. All intern employers are required to adhere to New York State and US Department of Labor law. Career Services reserves the right to decline to post any unpaid/non-credit internships. For more information visit the SUNY Career Development Organization Position Statement on Unpaid Internships.
- Requests by employers for selective referral of candidates will not be honored.
- Non-Cortland students may not participate in on-campus recruiting programs designed exclusively for SUNY Cortland students and alumni without express permission.
- Reasonable advance notice is requested to schedule a campus recruitment date.
- Candidates failing to show up for campus interviews may be denied access to future interviews. Advanced notice of cancellation prior to interview date must be given in order to remain in good standing within the on-campus recruiting program.
- Career Services reserves the right to terminate/refuse recruiting privileges for any organization violating recruitment policies or known to discriminate in its hiring practices.
Students are encouraged to regularly check the Career Services bulletin boards, the website and their Cortland e-mail accounts to take advantage of on-campus recruiting opportunities.
All recruitment requires sign-up registration unless otherwise stated. Signups are a professional commitment to complete the interview process. A student who fails to show up for his/her interview will not be allowed to sign-up for any other on-campus recruitment. Students are expected to dress appropriately for interviews, and to arrive for the interview at least ten minutes before the scheduled time. Smart students (and all Cortland students are smart) write thank you notes to the interviewer immediately.
Please visit the Job Opportunities page for events or postings.