How do people perceive the world? What motivates them? How do children learn? What makes us angry, or sad, or happy or depressed? How does the brain work?
These are just some of the questions you'll be able to explore in SUNY Cortland’s Psychology Department. And as you explore, you’ll benefit from far-ranging faculty expertise, innovative teaching and leading-edge technological resources.
Choose areas of study that interest you. Learn from a multitalented faculty who are experts in educational psychology, personality/social, abnormal psychology, learning, cognition, emotion, neuroscience, psychopharmacology and psychology of the exceptional child.
Practice the methods of psychology in such real-world settings as schools, counseling centers, or social service agencies. Add depth to your learning by conducting research in Cortland's first-rate laboratories.
A Cortland psychology degree can lay the groundwork for graduate school in psychology, education or social work; for law school or medical school; and for careers in research, applied psychology, counseling and a variety of other fields.
Transfer Course Planning
- College Lands Big Sean for Spring Fling February 25, 2015
- Sports Info Director Earns National Honors February 24, 2015
- ‘Topographies’ Explores Landscape Through Art February 24, 2015
- College to Launch Student Opinion Survey February 24, 2015
- Professor to Discuss Giant Tortoise Conservation February 24, 2015
- SUNY Cortland to Honor Peter DiNardo ’68 February 24, 2015
- ‘R/Evolution’ Series Continues during March February 24, 2015
- Research Lab Named in Professor’s Memory February 24, 2015
- ‘A Solar Home Companion’ Coming Feb. 28 February 24, 2015
- Development Sociologist to Discuss Farming February 24, 2015
- Ignite Challenge Invites Young Graduates February 24, 2015
- Hanson Place Men’s Chorale to Sing March 7 February 24, 2015
- Voice for Justice System Reform to Speak February 24, 2015
- Professor Plays Key Role in Historic Athletics Decision February 24, 2015
- Alumni Engagement Hosts ‘Doing Business in NYC’ February 24, 2015