How do people perceive the world? What motivates them? How do children learn? What makes us angry, or sad, or happy or depressed? How does the brain work?
These are just some of the questions you'll be able to explore in SUNY Cortland’s Psychology Department. And as you explore, you’ll benefit from far-ranging faculty expertise, innovative teaching and leading-edge technological resources.
Choose areas of study that interest you. Learn from a multitalented faculty who are experts in educational psychology, personality/social, abnormal psychology, learning, cognition, emotion, neuroscience, psychopharmacology and psychology of the exceptional child.
Practice the methods of psychology in such real-world settings as schools, counseling centers, or social service agencies. Add depth to your learning by conducting research in Cortland's first-rate laboratories.
A Cortland psychology degree can lay the groundwork for graduate school in psychology, education or social work; for law school or medical school; and for careers in research, applied psychology, counseling and a variety of other fields.
Transfer Course Planning
- Local Teachers Hone Skills at College March 24, 2015
- Chancellor to Honor Four Students for Excellence March 24, 2015
- Sociologist to Discuss Humanity's Global Effects March 24, 2015
- Filmmaker to Discuss Human Enhancement March 24, 2015
- College's Outdoor Centers Explained at Roundtable March 24, 2015
- Casting Complete for ‘Legally Blonde, The Musical’ March 24, 2015
- April Events Continue Project on Eastern and Central Europe March 24, 2015
- Workshop Calls Young Girls to STEM Fields March 24, 2015
- Blaze Falls Just Short in Mascot Madness March 24, 2015
- Student Climber Rescues Trapped Dog March 23, 2015
- Campus Celebrates Student Life Center Opening March 18, 2015
- Alumnus to Lead Southeastern Conference March 13, 2015
- Students Plan One ‘Big Event’ for Service March 10, 2015
- Diversity Conference Planned for March 28 March 10, 2015
- Students Bring Leadership Society to Campus March 10, 2015