How do people perceive the world? What motivates them? How do children learn? What makes us angry, or sad, or happy or depressed? How does the brain work?
These are just some of the questions you'll be able to explore in SUNY Cortland’s Psychology Department. And as you explore, you’ll benefit from far-ranging faculty expertise, innovative teaching and leading-edge technological resources.
Choose areas of study that interest you. Learn from a multitalented faculty who are experts in educational psychology, personality/social, abnormal psychology, learning, cognition, emotion, neuroscience, psychopharmacology and psychology of the exceptional child.
Practice the methods of psychology in such real-world settings as schools, counseling centers, or social service agencies. Add depth to your learning by conducting research in Cortland's first-rate laboratories.
A Cortland psychology degree can lay the groundwork for graduate school in psychology, education or social work; for law school or medical school; and for careers in research, applied psychology, counseling and a variety of other fields.
Transfer Course Planning
- President’s Opening Talk Underlines Success August 26, 2014
- SUNYAC Honors Student-Athletes for Academics August 26, 2014
- Interim Assistant Directors of Athletics Named August 26, 2014
- Study Abroad Fair Set for Oct. 1 in Corey Union August 19, 2014
- Tai Chi Master Plans Demonstration, Workshop August 19, 2014
- Brother Stays True to Kappa Until the End August 15, 2014
- Feel the Pulse of Red Dragon Pride at the State Fair August 15, 2014
- Share Your Good News, Class Notes Submissions Online August 15, 2014
- Moot Court Resumes Training Legal Eagles August 13, 2014
- When Multiple Twins Came to Campus August 13, 2014
- Camp Offers Chance of a Lifetime for Kids August 07, 2014
- Jets’ Green and White Practice Means Fireworks July 30, 2014
- Conference to Target Mathematics Education July 22, 2014
- Students Focus on Summer Study Abroad July 22, 2014
- Students to Start Fall Classes on Aug. 25 July 22, 2014