If you can see yourself as a Web site developer, TV news director, journalist, special effects technician in the film industry or a public relations or advertising executive, then a major in communication studies is in your future.
The Communication Studies Department offers degrees in both communication studies and new communication media that are supported by professional-level production facilities. These majors allow you to tailor your program of study to meet personal learning and employment objectives.
Courses in both majors are supplemented by work with the student-run newspaper, radio station or other campus media, an extensive internship program and a highly developed study abroad program.
At SUNY Cortland, you’ll gain experience leading to a successful career and have the opportunity to further your education through graduate studies or professional training.
- Interdisciplinary Series to Highlight ‘R/Evolution’ February 10, 2015
- Genetic Modified Crops is Feb. 11 Topic February 10, 2015
- Study Abroad Scholarships Presented February 10, 2015
- Students Get Ready to Relay for Life February 10, 2015
- Peter Perkins Named VP for Institutional Advancement February 10, 2015
- Residence Life Conference to Train Superheroes February 10, 2015
- Gov. Cuomo’s Budget Explained February 10, 2015
- Six Appeal to Offer A Cappella Concert Feb. 27 February 09, 2015
- “Beauty and the Beast” Athletic Event to Premiere February 06, 2015
- Concerned Students Plan Columbus “Teach-In” February 05, 2015
- Panel Explores Cross-Cultural Communication February 04, 2015
- ‘Wellness’ Series Offered to Campus, Community February 03, 2015
- College Celebrates 25 Years of Disabilities Act January 27, 2015
- Sophomore Wins National Gilman Scholarship January 27, 2015
- Motivational 'Diva' to Perform Feb. 5 January 27, 2015