If you can see yourself as a Web site developer, TV news director, journalist, special effects technician in the film industry or a public relations or advertising executive, then a major in communication studies is in your future.
The Communication Studies Department offers degrees in both communication studies and new communication media that are supported by professional-level production facilities. These majors allow you to tailor your program of study to meet personal learning and employment objectives.
Courses in both majors are supplemented by work with the student-run newspaper, radio station or other campus media, an extensive internship program and a highly developed study abroad program.
At SUNY Cortland, you’ll gain experience leading to a successful career and have the opportunity to further your education through graduate studies or professional training.
- Cortland 23rd in Final Directors' Cup Standings June 10, 2014
- Joe Cardarelli Named Men's Ice Hockey Head Coach June 10, 2014
- Commission Releases Cortaca Report June 06, 2014
- Carlos Medina '78 Leads SUNY Diversity Efforts May 22, 2014
- Alumni Association Names Distinguished Alumni May 21, 2014
- Volunteer Recruitment Workshop Planned May 21, 2014
- 5K Run/Walk Benefits Child Care Center May 21, 2014
- EMS Scholarship Named for Marley Barduhn May 21, 2014
- Upper Campus Operates on Partial Power May 21, 2014
- Professor’s Final Gift Continues Legacy May 13, 2014
- Sharon Steadman Earns Rozanne Brooks Award May 13, 2014
- Interim Finance and Management Staff Named May 13, 2014
- Stadium Complex to Host Historic Commencement May 13, 2014
- Fulbright Recipient is Bound for Ukraine May 13, 2014
- Phi Kappa Phi Honors Six Students May 13, 2014