If you can see yourself as a Web site developer, TV news director, journalist, special effects technician in the film industry or a public relations or advertising executive, then a major in communication studies is in your future.
The Communication Studies Department offers degrees in both communication studies and new communication media that are supported by professional-level production facilities. These majors allow you to tailor your program of study to meet personal learning and employment objectives.
Courses in both majors are supplemented by work with the student-run newspaper, radio station or other campus media, an extensive internship program and a highly developed study abroad program.
At SUNY Cortland, you’ll gain experience leading to a successful career and have the opportunity to further your education through graduate studies or professional training.
- Diversity Conference Planned for March 28 March 10, 2015
- Students Bring Leadership Society to Campus March 10, 2015
- Student Life Center Ribbon to Be Cut March 10, 2015
- Woods Tea Co. to Perform March 28 March 09, 2015
- Students Offer Free Tax Prep Services March 09, 2015
- Physical Education Student Teachers Honored March 06, 2015
- Women’s History Month Theme is ‘Weaving’ March 06, 2015
- College Creates Online Physical Education Degree March 04, 2015
- Nominations Sought for Civic Engagement Awards March 02, 2015
- Sports Info Director Earns National Honors February 24, 2015
- ‘Topographies’ Explores Landscape Through Art February 24, 2015
- Professor to Discuss Giant Tortoise Conservation February 24, 2015
- Research Lab Named in Professor’s Memory February 24, 2015
- ‘R/Evolution’ Series Continues during March February 24, 2015
- SUNY Cortland to Honor Peter DiNardo ’68 February 24, 2015