The ACE partners work together to accomplish the following goals:
- Identify students interested in post-secondary education - both those with a solid plan to attend college and those who need assistance setting that goal.
- Help students access higher education through educational programming designed to increase knowledge and decision-making skills.
- Increase students’ probability of success in high school and into college by developing college-minded attitudes and student skills.
- Encourage parent/guardian involvement and excitement in educational events and their children’s college search process for greater follow through and understanding.
- Collaborate with all partners of ACE to provide the maximum amount of support for ACE participants.
Benefits of ACE
Students and families who participate in ACE will have opportunities to explore the following topics through workshops, college events and other programs:
- Career and College Readiness
- The importance of your High School Schedule
- Study Skills and Learning Styles
- SAT and ACE Prep
- Access to College Resources
- College Majors
- College Search and Application Processes
- Career Specific Programs
- Campus Visits
- Social Media Safety and Benefits
- Financial Aid Workshops
- Budgeting and Personal Finance
- College Application Process
- Problem Solving Academic strategies
- Student Activities
- Studying Abroad
- College Student Panels
- Admissions Panels
- Much, much more
The ACE Promises:
ACE's Promise to Students
- Special admissions consideration at the four institutions after successful completion of the ACE program and satisfaction of admission criteria.
- College programs, including campus tours, career exploration, financial aid and admissions workshops, theater presentations, lectures, conferences and other opportunities to explore college campuses.
- Skill training, academic support, and motivational training during your high school years.
- College programs, including campus tours, theater presentations, lectures, conferences, and social events.
Student's Promise to ACE
- Sign the Commitment form and work toward the goals outlined.
- Complete their high school's college preparatory program.
- Maintain at least a B average for each year in high school.
- Participate in at least four qualifying ACE programs per year for a total of 12.
High School Promise to ACE
- Recruit and enroll new students throughout the year with a focus on students during the spring of 8th grade by sending invitations to families, hosting an ACE informational night and posting information about ACE.
- Coordinate the registration and transportation of students to Campus Visits held each school year. Liaisons, or school representative will attend and chaperone students during these events.
- Attend monthly Liaison meeting and the joint meeting with the Operating Committee (held once per year).
- Send ACE student grades at the end of each year as well as college statistics for both ACE students and the entire graduating class.
- Publicize ACE sponsored programming within the district
- Communicate to the ACE Coordinator any concerns regarding the ACE program and/or its students
- Communicate with ACE students and families.