SUNY Cortland is an engaged learning community that is committed to enriching diversity, equity, and inclusion on campus.
Institutional Equity and Inclusion Office
The mission of the Institutional Equity and Inclusion Office is to provide campus-wide leadership and support on matters relating to diversity, equity and inclusion for all members of the SUNY Cortland Community.
The office supports the College’s efforts to ensure that students, faculty, and staff learn and work in environments that actively promote a culture of inclusive excellence. Do not make an entire paragraph italic.
- Ensure an institutional focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Eliminate the systemic and historical barriers of discrimination in order to provide equal opportunity and education for all
- Foster a welcoming, engaging and inclusive environment through the recruitment and retention of underrepresented and minoritized students, faculty, and staff that reflects the diversity of New York, the nation, and the world
- Address and respond to the goals of the SUNY System Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion policy, as well as develop, implement, and monitor the College’s Strategic Diversity and Inclusion Plan
- Provide data that informs college decision-making on equity, and inclusion efforts
- Establish educational programs and initiatives on inclusive pedagogy, cultural competency, and equity-mindedness
- Celebrate and affirm the strengths of our vibrant, and diverse community.