- International Programs
Study Abroad 101 Information Sessions:
- Every Tuesday from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Every Friday from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Old Main, Room 220 (Colloquium)
At the session you will learn how to search for programs, how to fit study abroad into your degree plan, understand program costs, scholarship opportunities and how to apply!
Interested in India?
Wednesday, March 11, 2015 @ 4pm
Brooks Museum, Moffett Center, Room 2126
Come to learn more about these programs:
Summer Program: India: Research in Public Health. Travel Dates: July 21- August 10, 2015. Earn: 6 credits
Students will learn and apply essential community and public health research skills in urban Mangalore. Putting into practice fundamental tenets of community-based participatory research, students will investigate the root causes of public health disparities as they conduct research with under-served groups to explore how personal, cultural, economic and political factors shape individual behavior, social policy, and determine the health of communities. This Program is led by SUNY Cortland's Health Education faculty member, Dr. Jena Curtis, recipient of the prestigious SUNY Chancellor's Award for Internationalization (CAFI) Award.
Semester Program: St. Aloysius College
Founded in 1880, St. Aloysius College, is a Jesuit institution in the heart of Mangalore, a medium-sized city on the southwest coast of India. The College, a liberal arts institution offering courses in a wide range of fields, aims to support the education and professional development of young people from all sectors of Indian society, with students hailing from diverse socio-economic and religious backgrounds. Students studying at St. Aloysius can take three to four classes during the semester, for a total of 12-15 credits. This program also offers students the opportunity to enhance their classroom-based learning through internships and service-learning excursions organized by the College.
SUNY Cortland International Newsfeed
- Study Abroad Scholarships Presented (February 10, 2015)
- Sophomore Wins National Gilman Scholarship (January 27, 2015)
- Students Focus on Summer Study Abroad (July 22, 2014)
- Australia Student Teaching Participant's Essay Selected for Michelle Obama's Study Abroad Campaign (March 12, 2014)
- Four Chancellor's Award Recipients Studied Abroad (April 2, 2014)
- College Honored Nationally for Global Online Efforts (March 11, 2014)
- News Archive