Please be advised that NYS law requires that all patients presenting to a physician's office for primary care services be offered an HIV test. This law went into effect on Sept. 1, 2010. Therefore, ALL students who come to Student Health Service for care will need to sign a form confirming that they were offered an HIV test. This form must only be signed once. This does not mean that everyone has to have an HIV test, only that one was offered to every patient. Please do not let this prevent you from coming to Student Health Service for any reason.
Only students who have paid the Mandatory Health fee, provided completedMedical History Report and Tuberculosis Screeningforms and shown adequate proof of immunizations are eligible for care at the Student Health Service.In addition, for students under age 18, a Consent Form signed by a parent or guardian is required.These forms can be found under the New Student Documentation Requirements tab.
- to provide accessible, high quality, ambulatory health care to all SUNY Cortland students so that they may participate successfully in the academic and extra-curricular programs of their choice;
- to educate students about health and wellness and to promote healthy lifestyles to advance the health of the students, thereby enhancing the learning environment;
- to provide medical expertise that supports the learning mission of the campus community and health in its broadest sense.
SUNY Cortland is proud to join the more than 250 tobacco-free college campuses nationwide.Our campus policy went into effect on Jan. 1, 2013. Since that time, no forms of tobacco use will be allowed on any part of the SUNY Cortland campus.To see our full policy and for more information please visit our Tobacco Free SUNY Cortland Web page.
Links to Health Related Information
These links are listed to direct you to search engines and other sites for health-related information.
The Student Health Service/SUNY Cortland does not guarantee the accuracy of any information contained in these links.
- Family Doctor.org
- Antibiotics: When they Can and Ca't Help
- American Lung Association - Freedom from Smoking
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Go Ask Alice
- Helping Yourself to a Good Night's Sleep
- National Clearing House for Alcohol and Drug Information
- National Institute of Mental Health
- NCAA Health and Safety
- New York State Department of Health
- Traveler's Health
- National Institutes of Health
- Mayo Clinic Symptom Checker
- NIH Medline Plus