The mission of teacher education at SUNY Cortland is to build upon the foundation of liberal learning in the development of teachers who have exceptional pedagogical knowledge and skills.
Graduates of SUNY Cortland's teacher education program will be prepared to think critically, utilize technology, communicate effectively, understand and value diversity, contribute to their communities, and make a difference in the lives of their students.
SUNY Cortland is home to the largest comprehensive teacher education program in New York and the 10th largest among public institutions in the U.S. Now in its 134th year, Cortland educates more teachers than any other New York college or university by integrating a strong foundation of liberal arts and sciences with theory and application in teaching.
With engaged students, dedicated faculty, superior facilities and nationally recognized programs such as the Center for Fourth and Fifth Rs (Character Education) and innovative programs such as the Cortland's Urban Recruitment of Educators, SUNY Cortland continues to be one of the nation's premier educational institutions.
- Study Abroad Fair Set for Oct. 1 in Corey Union August 19, 2014
- Tai Chi Master Plans Demonstration, Workshop August 19, 2014
- Brother Stays True to Kappa Until the End August 15, 2014
- Feel the Pulse of Red Dragon Pride at the State Fair August 15, 2014
- Share Your Good News, Class Notes Submissions Online August 15, 2014
- Moot Court Resumes Training Legal Eagles August 13, 2014
- When Multiple Twins Came to Campus August 13, 2014
- Camp Offers Chance of a Lifetime for Kids August 07, 2014
- Jets’ Green and White Practice Means Fireworks July 30, 2014
- Conference to Target Mathematics Education July 22, 2014
- Students Focus on Summer Study Abroad July 22, 2014
- Students to Start Fall Classes on Aug. 25 July 22, 2014
- College Teams Finish Strong at Corporate Challenge July 22, 2014
- Jets’ Downtown Touchdown Set for Wednesday July 21, 2014
- Jets Camp Not Just for Football Fans July 18, 2014