The mission of teacher education at SUNY Cortland is to build upon the foundation of liberal learning in the development of teachers who have exceptional pedagogical knowledge and skills.
Graduates of SUNY Cortland's teacher education program will be prepared to think critically, utilize technology, communicate effectively, understand and value diversity, contribute to their communities, and make a difference in the lives of their students.
SUNY Cortland is home to the largest comprehensive teacher education program in New York and the 10th largest among public institutions in the U.S. Now in its 134th year, Cortland educates more teachers than any other New York college or university by integrating a strong foundation of liberal arts and sciences with theory and application in teaching.
With engaged students, dedicated faculty, superior facilities and nationally recognized programs such as the Center for Fourth and Fifth Rs (Character Education) and innovative programs such as the Cortland's Urban Recruitment of Educators, SUNY Cortland continues to be one of the nation's premier educational institutions.
- Conference to Focus on Mathematics Education July 22, 2014
- Students Focus on Summer Study Abroad July 22, 2014
- Students to Start Fall Classes on Aug. 25 July 22, 2014
- College Teams Finish Strong at Corporate Challenge July 22, 2014
- Jets’ Downtown Touchdown Set for Wednesday July 21, 2014
- Jets Camp Not Just for Football Fans July 18, 2014
- Alum to Perform on David Letterman Show July 09, 2014
- College Transitions to New Electronic Mail System July 01, 2014
- Alumni Reunion Set for July 11 to 13 July 01, 2014
- College Names Director of Student Conduct July 01, 2014
- Jets to Land in Cortland July 23 June 30, 2014
- Clinically Rich Approach Earns High Praise June 27, 2014
- Sorority’s Spirit Lives On, Decades After Fire June 27, 2014
- Eight Earn Chancellor’s Scholar-Athlete Awards June 18, 2014
- Marie Ponterio Honored by French Government June 10, 2014