The mission of teacher education at SUNY Cortland is to build upon the foundation of liberal learning in the development of teachers who have exceptional pedagogical knowledge and skills.
Graduates of SUNY Cortland's teacher education program will be prepared to think critically, utilize technology, communicate effectively, understand and value diversity, contribute to their communities, and make a difference in the lives of their students.
SUNY Cortland is home to the largest comprehensive teacher education program in New York and the 10th largest among public institutions in the U.S. Now in its 134th year, Cortland educates more teachers than any other New York college or university by integrating a strong foundation of liberal arts and sciences with theory and application in teaching.
With engaged students, dedicated faculty, superior facilities and nationally recognized programs such as the Center for Fourth and Fifth Rs (Character Education) and innovative programs such as the Cortland's Urban Recruitment of Educators, SUNY Cortland continues to be one of the nation's premier educational institutions.
- College to Recognize Constitution Day September 15, 2014
- Dowd Reopening Celebrated with Toy Piano Performance September 10, 2014
- Series Explores Culture, Technology, Sustainability September 09, 2014
- Cortland Again Ranked One of America’s Top Colleges September 09, 2014
- Gender Bender Science Talk Planned Sept. 18 September 09, 2014
- Second Language Educators Confer Sept. 27 September 09, 2014
- Media Executive Visiting SUNY Cortland for Residency September 09, 2014
- C-Club Induction Highlights Busy Sports Weekend September 09, 2014
- Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand to Host Forum at College September 02, 2014
- Bias on Campus Roundtable Planned September 01, 2014
- New Show Inaugurates Renovated Dowd Gallery September 01, 2014
- College to Go Red for Colors Day August 27, 2014
- College and Firm Partner on New Technologies August 26, 2014
- Speech, Hearing Center Expands Outreach August 26, 2014
- College Offers ‘Wellness’ Series for Campus, Community August 26, 2014