The mission of teacher education at SUNY Cortland is to build upon the foundation of liberal learning in the development of teachers who have exceptional pedagogical knowledge and skills.
Graduates of SUNY Cortland's teacher education program will be prepared to think critically, utilize technology, communicate effectively, understand and value diversity, contribute to their communities, and make a difference in the lives of their students.
SUNY Cortland is home to the largest comprehensive teacher education program in New York and the 10th largest among public institutions in the U.S. Now in its 134th year, Cortland educates more teachers than any other New York college or university by integrating a strong foundation of liberal arts and sciences with theory and application in teaching.
With engaged students, dedicated faculty, superior facilities and nationally recognized programs such as the Center for Fourth and Fifth Rs (Character Education) and innovative programs such as the Cortland's Urban Recruitment of Educators, SUNY Cortland continues to be one of the nation's premier educational institutions.
- College Smashes 24-Hour Fundraising Goal February 28, 2014
- Civic Engagement Survey Open Through Friday February 20, 2014
- 24-Hour Giving Challenge Set for Feb. 27 February 18, 2014
- President’s Opening Talk Offers Encouragement, Updates January 21, 2014
- Local Teacher Showcased at Governor’s Address January 08, 2014