The mission of teacher education at SUNY Cortland is to build upon the foundation of liberal learning in the development of teachers who have exceptional pedagogical knowledge and skills.
Graduates of SUNY Cortland's teacher education program will be prepared to think critically, utilize technology, communicate effectively, understand and value diversity, contribute to their communities, and make a difference in the lives of their students.
SUNY Cortland is home to the largest comprehensive teacher education program in New York and the 10th largest among public institutions in the U.S. Now in its 134th year, Cortland educates more teachers than any other New York college or university by integrating a strong foundation of liberal arts and sciences with theory and application in teaching.
With engaged students, dedicated faculty, superior facilities and nationally recognized programs such as the Center for Fourth and Fifth Rs (Character Education) and innovative programs such as the Cortland's Urban Recruitment of Educators, SUNY Cortland continues to be one of the nation's premier educational institutions.
- Genetic Modified Crops is Feb. 11 Topic January 27, 2015
- College Celebrates 25 Years of Disabilities Act January 27, 2015
- Sophomore Wins National Gilman Scholarship January 27, 2015
- Motivational 'Diva' to Perform Feb. 5 January 27, 2015
- Senior Shines at National Health Conference January 27, 2015
- Students Expand Latino Fraternity Options January 27, 2015
- GE referendum ends Feb. 3 January 27, 2015
- SAB Announces Country Music Show January 26, 2015
- History Program Calls Teachers to the Wild January 23, 2015
- Opening Considers Hot Topics in Higher Ed January 23, 2015
- New Student Life Center to Open Feb. 16 January 22, 2015
- Noelle Chaddock Paley Named Chief Diversity Officer January 22, 2015
- Lisa Court Named Associate VP of Development January 22, 2015
- The Bistro Off Broadway to Open on Jan. 23 January 20, 2015
- Faculty Biennial Art Exhibition Opens Jan. 26 January 15, 2015