If you want to pursue a career in childhood education (grades 1-6) or early childhood education (birth-grade 2), you’ll find that SUNY Cortland has a stellar reputation for excellence in preparing teachers.
At Cortland you’ll learn from expert faculty who have years of experience in school settings. They will help you translate what you learn in class to the real-world setting of a preschool or elementary school classroom.
And because experience is usually the best teacher, you’ll spend 100 hours or more in the field before you begin your student teaching, giving you opportunities to explore a variety of different educational environments.
A Cortland degree makes employers take notice. We prepare more elementary and preschool teachers than any other college or university in New York. Schools are confident that when they hire a Cortland-educated graduate, they’re hiring someone destined to become a great teacher.
As a student in the Childhood/Early Childhood Department you will be part of the:
- Largest comprehensive teacher education program in New York
- Tenth largest education program among public institutions in the United States
- 142 years of tradition in that Cortland continues to educate more teachers than any other New York college or university
Your completed degree will integrate:
- A strong foundation of liberal arts and sciences with theory
- The application of teaching with real classroom experiences
- Highly marketable NCATE accredited certification
Video - Annual Professional Performance Review
View Rest of Series
There are no events available. Please check for further updates.
- Monday Marks Super Bowl Raffle Deadline December 19, 2014
- College Again Wins Civic Engagement Distinction December 15, 2014
- Jets Camp Brings $4.6 Million to County December 09, 2014
- Pamela Schroeder Honored for Service December 05, 2014
- The Bistro Off Broadway to Open on Jan. 23 December 02, 2014
- College Plans Spring Semester Construction December 02, 2014
- ‘The Nutcracker Ballet’ Returns to Dowd Theater December 02, 2014
- Student Life Center Construction Resumes December 02, 2014
- Ribbon Fundraiser Promotes AIDS Awareness November 24, 2014
- College Boosts CROP Hunger Walk Success November 21, 2014
- Video Connects Exercise Scientists to Olympics November 20, 2014
- Theta Phi Nears 50-Year Adirondack Tradition November 19, 2014
- Raffle Offers Super-Sized Stocking Stuffer November 18, 2014
- Diplomat of Romania will Discuss Experiences November 18, 2014
- Student Club Added: Cortland Ice Girls November 18, 2014
- Childhood Education (1-6) [EDC]
- Early Childhood and Childhood Education (Birth-6) [EDD]
- Early Childhood Education (Birth-2) [EDE]