If you want to pursue a career in childhood education (grades 1-6) or early childhood education (birth-grade 2), you’ll find that SUNY Cortland has a stellar reputation for excellence in preparing teachers.
At Cortland you’ll learn from expert faculty who have years of experience in school settings. They will help you translate what you learn in class to the real-world setting of a preschool or elementary school classroom.
And because experience is usually the best teacher, you’ll spend 100 hours or more in the field before you begin your student teaching, giving you opportunities to explore a variety of different educational environments.
A Cortland degree makes employers take notice. We prepare more elementary and preschool teachers than any other college or university in New York. Schools are confident that when they hire a Cortland-educated graduate, they’re hiring someone destined to become a great teacher.
As a student in the Childhood/Early Childhood Department you will be part of the:
- Largest comprehensive teacher education program in New York
- Tenth largest education program among public institutions in the United States
- 142 years of tradition in that Cortland continues to educate more teachers than any other New York college or university
Your completed degree will integrate:
- A strong foundation of liberal arts and sciences with theory
- The application of teaching with real classroom experiences
- Highly marketable NCATE accredited certification
Video - Annual Professional Performance Review
View Rest of Series
There are no events available. Please check for further updates.
- Genetic Modified Crops is Feb. 11 Topic January 27, 2015
- College Celebrates 25 Years of Disabilities Act January 27, 2015
- Sophomore Wins National Gilman Scholarship January 27, 2015
- Motivational 'Diva' to Perform Feb. 5 January 27, 2015
- Senior Shines at National Health Conference January 27, 2015
- Students Expand Latino Fraternity Options January 27, 2015
- GE referendum ends Feb. 3 January 27, 2015
- SAB Announces Country Music Show January 26, 2015
- Carnegie Recognizes Community Engagement January 26, 2015
- History Program Calls Teachers to the Wild January 23, 2015
- Opening Considers Hot Topics in Higher Ed January 23, 2015
- New Student Life Center to Open Feb. 16 January 22, 2015
- Noelle Chaddock Named Chief Diversity Officer January 22, 2015
- Lisa Court Named Associate VP of Development January 22, 2015
- The Bistro Off Broadway to Open on Jan. 23 January 20, 2015
- Childhood Education (1-6) [EDC]
- Early Childhood and Childhood Education (Birth-6) [EDD]
- Early Childhood Education (Birth-2) [EDE]