If you want to pursue a career in childhood education (grades 1-6) or early childhood education (birth-grade 2), you’ll find that SUNY Cortland has a stellar reputation for excellence in preparing teachers.
At Cortland you’ll learn from expert faculty who have years of experience in school settings. They will help you translate what you learn in class to the real-world setting of a preschool or elementary school classroom.
And because experience is usually the best teacher, you’ll spend 100 hours or more in the field before you begin your student teaching, giving you opportunities to explore a variety of different educational environments.
A Cortland degree makes employers take notice. We prepare more elementary and preschool teachers than any other college or university in New York. Schools are confident that when they hire a Cortland-educated graduate, they’re hiring someone destined to become a great teacher.
As a student in the Childhood/Early Childhood Department you will be part of the:
- Largest comprehensive teacher education program in New York
- Tenth largest education program among public institutions in the United States
- 142 years of tradition in that Cortland continues to educate more teachers than any other New York college or university
Your completed degree will integrate:
- A strong foundation of liberal arts and sciences with theory
- The application of teaching with real classroom experiences
- Highly marketable NCATE accredited certification
Video - Annual Professional Performance Review
View Rest of Series
There are no events available. Please check for further updates.
- Ribbon Fundraiser Promotes AIDS Awareness November 24, 2014
- College Boosts CROP Hunger Walk Success November 21, 2014
- Video Connects Exercise Scientists to Olympics November 20, 2014
- Theta Phi Nears 50-Year Adirondack Tradition November 19, 2014
- Raffle Offers Shot at Football’s Biggest Game November 18, 2014
- Diplomat of Romania will Discuss Experiences November 18, 2014
- Student Club Added: Cortland Ice Girls November 18, 2014
- Local Bagel Business Booms for Young Grad November 18, 2014
- Handel’s ‘Messiah’ Concerts Set for Dec. 5 and 7 November 18, 2014
- ‘The Third Man’ Continues 'Rubble' Film Series November 17, 2014
- Chancellor Launches Education Innovation Center at Cortland November 14, 2014
- Advocate for Colombians Speaks Nov. 19 November 14, 2014
- College Singers to Offer 'Night Life' Music November 14, 2014
- College Boasts Pair of Cortaca Victories November 13, 2014
- School Districts Covet Alum’s Training November 12, 2014
- Childhood Education (1-6) [EDC]
- Early Childhood and Childhood Education (Birth-6) [EDD]
- Early Childhood Education (Birth-2) [EDE]