Fall 2014 Grading Information
All final grades are due 72 hours after the scheduled final exam for all courses. The grading system is available
throughout the term, and closes on the deadlines listed below:
- Mid-Semester Estimates Close - 4pm, October 22
- First Quarter Grading Closes - Noon, October 24 +
- First Quarter Student Teaching Grading Closes - 4pm October 22 *
- Last Day for In-Class Exams - November 25
- All Final Grading Closes - Noon, December 22 *
* These dates were updated on August 21, to reflect student teaching date changes authorized by an August 20 memo from the President’s office.
+ This deadline was extended on October 17, due to system downtime.
Faculty will enter mid-term and final grades using MyRedDragon and Banner Self Service. The following tutorials will show you how to enter your grades using SUNY Cortland's online tools.
- Final Grades Tutorial (PDF)
Learn how to enter final grades, including quarter course final grades, using MyRedDragon.
- Final Grading Frequently Asked Questions
View the most frequently asked questions about grading.
- Mid-term Estimate Tutorial (PDF)
Learn how to enter mid-term estimates using MyRedDragon.
Late Grade Submissions
If a grade is not recorded by the posted deadline, a grade of "LG" is recorded for the course. The "LG" grade is visible to students and advisors on the transcript, the degree audit, and the class schedule. The "LG" grade does not impact the student GPA while it appears, but it will prevent the student from graduating, receiving a final transcript, receiving a final academic standing, and being listed on the Dean's/President's list status while the grade is unresolved.
Because the system must close for final processing, GPA calculations and degree conferrals; we unable to accept late grades using the online system. Late grades may be submitted via the Associate Dean of the instructor's school. Instructors should consult the Associate Dean to learn about school policies and requirements.