Process for Students
Steps for Cortland students interested in registering for a course at another college:
- Review the other college's website or their materials to determine the course offerings for a given semester.
- Use the transfer equivalency charts to check the course equivalent. If the course is not on the charts, obtain and print out a course description.
- Print out the Permission to Transfer Credit form and review the policies on the form regarding transfer of credit.
- Make an appointment with your academic advisor at Cortland. Speak to him/her about your plans and how the course fits into your degree requirements/CAPP. Obtain your advisor's signature/approval on the permission form.
- Drop-off the permission form at the Advisement and Transition Office, Memorial Library A-111, for final approval from the Transfer Credit Coordinator.
- Pick-up your permission form within one week at the Advisement and Transition Office. (If there are any questions or concerns, the Transfer Credit Coordinator will call/email you at the number/email address listed on the form.)
- Register for the course at the other college. It is your responsibility to research the registration process and policies at the other college.
- Once the course is complete, request an official transcript to be sent to Cortland's Registrar's Office (P.O. Box 2000, Cortland, NY 13045).
* Since time is required to seek signatures/approvals on the form, students are encouraged to plan ahead.