1) Review the other college's website or their course schedule to determine the course offerings for a given semester.
2) Use the transfer equivalency charts to check the course equivalent. If the course is not on the charts, obtain and print out a course description.
3) Print out the Permission to Transfer Credit from Another Institution Form and review the policies on the form regarding transfer credit.
4) Make an appointment with your academic advisor at Cortland. Speak to him/her about your plans and how the course meets your degree requirements. Obtain your advisor's signature/approval on the form.
Note: Advisors have the right to deny approval if they feel the course is not appropriate for you or if the course description at the other college does not closely match the learning outcomes of the Cortland course.
5) Drop-off the form at Advisement and Transition, Memorial Library A-111, for final approval. Allow five days for review and processing.
6) Pick-up your form back up at Advisement and Transition. If there are any questions or concerns, staff will call/email you at the number/email address listed on the form.
7) Register for the course at the other college. It is your responsibility to research the registration process and policies at the other college. You would typically do this through the Registrar's Office at the other college.
8) Once the course is complete and your grade is posted, request an official transcript to be sent to Cortland's Registrar's Office: P.O. Box 2000, Cortland, NY 13045