When you major in one of our recreation programs, you follow in the footsteps of a long line of leaders in the field.
Our faculty are highly respected teachers and scholars who will give you the personal attention you need to succeed. You’ll have the opportunity to do internships and fieldwork in parks, hospitals, recreation departments and other settings in the U.S. and abroad.
Our definition of “classroom” is extremely broad — you can get academic credit for kayaking, backpacking, rock climbing and other outdoor adventures.
Cortland has the longest-running and most comprehensive recreation program in New York and is one of only three U.S. colleges with national accreditation in all four of its recreation majors.
Our alumni network of accomplished professionals, combined with your Cortland degree, will put you on the path to a rewarding career.
The 64th Annual Cortland Recreation Conference
November 6 and 7, 2014
- Jets Camp Not Just for Football Fans July 18, 2014
- Alum to Perform on David Letterman Show July 09, 2014
- College Transitions to New Electronic Mail System July 01, 2014
- Alumni Reunion Set for July 11 to 13 July 01, 2014
- College Names Director of Student Conduct July 01, 2014
- Environmental and Outdoor Education Minor [EOE]
- Outdoor Recreation [OREC]
- Recreation [REC]
- Recreation Management [RMGT]
- Recreation: Concentration in Leisure/Recreation Program Delivery [REC/LRPD]
- Therapeutic Recreation [TR]
Rho Phi Lambda Honor Society, An Honorary Fraternity for Recreation, Parks, and Leisure Services
SCRA is Cortland's recreation major's club.Read More About Recreation, Parks and Leisure Studies Department Clubs